Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Final League Table Predictions 23/24

3spirit

I saw this topic on the Farnborough forum and thought it would be worth discussing on here.

The lead off poster had this final table. I don't agree with it but it's his opinion.

1. Yeovil 2. Torquay 3.Eastbourne 4.Maidstone 5.Chelmsford 6.Dartford 7.Farnborough 8.St Albans 9.Havant 10.Worthing 11. Bath

12. Hemel 13.HRB 14.WSM 15.Welling 16.Braintree 17.Tonbridge 18.Truro 19.Weymouth 20.Taunton

21.Slough 22.Chippenham 23.Aveley 24. Dover.

Other Farnborough fans had Slough in 13th,16th,19th and 21st.

A couple of posters thought Maidstone wouldn't be as high but one thought because of their crowds they would change their fortunes midway through the season.

A few bits off of that list - 

Slough - I think we will be somewhere mid table (around 12th-15th) when all is said and done.

I see Welling finishing higher that that table has them.

I 100% don't see Farnborugh anywhere near the playoffs and actually, I think we finish above them this season. No way Chippenham are bottom 4 in the league. I think Hampton push closer to the playoffs than 13th as well. 

I fully expect the league to be dominated by a few teams but in general, much like last season, I think it'll take until April before any really big caps open up.

4 hours ago, 3spirit said:

I saw this topic on the Farnborough forum and thought it would be worth discussing on here.

The lead off poster had this final table. I don't agree with it but it's his opinion.

1. Yeovil 2. Torquay 3.Eastbourne 4.Maidstone 5.Chelmsford 6.Dartford 7.Farnborough 8.St Albans 9.Havant 10.Worthing 11. Bath

12. Hemel 13.HRB 14.WSM 15.Welling 16.Braintree 17.Tonbridge 18.Truro 19.Weymouth 20.Taunton

21.Slough 22.Chippenham 23.Aveley 24. Dover.

Other Farnborough fans had Slough in 13th,16th,19th and 21st.

A couple of posters thought Maidstone wouldn't be as high but one thought because of their crowds they would change their fortunes midway through the season.

Virtually every forecast I've seen has predictably put Torquay and Yeovil to be the top two with Aveley, Dover and Slough to be in the bottom 4.

It's not difficult to predict that the clubs with the most money will be at the top end and the clubs with less money will be in the bottom half.

I think Aveley, being the smallest and less fashionable club, will be favorites with most people to finish bottom along with Dover who have been in  turmoil and have practically built a new squad from scratch during the close season.

Apart from those two clubs to go down I find it almost impossible to predict the other two clubs likely to finish in the bottom 4. 

Having said that those other two clubs will almost certainly come from (except Taunton and Chippenham) 16 downwards in the above prediction.

Which if correct leaves 2 relegation places to come from 5 teams.

Edited by Reading Rebel

3 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

Slough - I think we will be somewhere mid table (around 12th-15th) when all is said and done.

I 100% don't see Farnborugh anywhere near the playoffs and actually, I think we finish above them this season. No way Chippenham are bottom 4 in the league. I think Hampton push closer to the playoffs than 13th as well. 

I fully expect the league to be dominated by a few teams but in general, much like last season, I think it'll take until April before any really big caps open up.

SF, I'm not saying we won't but on what basis do you think we will finish 12th-15th?

Edited by Reading Rebel

On 03/08/2023 at 10:07, SloughFlyer said:

I agree with you on Welling,Chippenham and Hampton,SF. To be honest I can't see Slough finishing above Farnborough, as much as I would love Slough to. I reckon Farnbough will be outside the play offs but will be comfortably mid table-ish. 

I can't see anyone beating Yeovil to the title but they won't get it easy. 

If Slough can keep out of the relegation zone I'll be happy. I'm hoping Slough can get some positive results in their first 3 months of the competition to push Slough around mid-table. If we achieve this we may be able push on. If we don't, I think we will be in for a long season and quite a battle ahead to stay out of trouble.    

Edited by 3spirit

Well this thread is full of optimism… 

I’m going for a top 8 finish and our highest points total in the NLS. Scott has put together a very exciting squad and I’m looking forward to some entertaining games this year. 

We need a few key players to stay fit and at least one of our strikers to start firing early but I think we’ve got a chance to have a memorable season. 

• 5 months later...

Footballwebpages are publishing their final prediction table which they update weekly. They reckon we will finish 13th. Yeovil to be champions but only by 2 points from Chelmsford I expect us to be higher than13th

On 04/08/2023 at 21:10, Rebel Wokingham said:

Well this thread is full of optimism… 

I’m going for a top 8 finish and our highest points total in the NLS. Scott has put together a very exciting squad and I’m looking forward to some entertaining games this year. 

We need a few key players to stay fit and at least one of our strikers to start firing early but I think we’ve got a chance to have a memorable season. 

Pretty happy with my prediction.