Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Truro City

Irishadrian

I thought that they only became competitive recently because of being based in Plymouth and could attract better players there. They will surely have to have a much bigger budget if based back in Truro itself. 

35 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

Truro won their game in hand today and now have same points as us having played the same number of games we head them with a better GD

H&W won their game today. First win for ages having sacked their manager in the last few days

I think H&W’s win just proves the players weren’t (all) playing for King. You don’t go all those games winless then win as soon as he’s sacked. A very expensive mistake by them as he would no doubt have taken a nice pay off to leave. Although this stint has put a nasty stain on his reputation. Considering he had a healthy budget and full time training at H&W and failed massively it’ll be interesting to see if he now takes an extended break or who takes a chance on him.

Just now, GlenSTFC said:

I think H&W’s win just proves the players weren’t (all) playing for King. You don’t go all those games winless then win as soon as he’s sacked. A very expensive mistake by them as he would no doubt have taken a nice pay off to leave. Although this stint has put a nasty stain on his reputation. Considering he had a healthy budget and full time training at H&W and failed massively it’ll be interesting to see if he now takes an extended break or who takes a chance on him.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Truro climb the table and loosen the purse strings now they’ve confirmed they’ll be playing in Truro next season plus they now have new owners.

9 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

I think H&W’s win just proves the players weren’t (all) playing for King. You don’t go all those games winless then win as soon as he’s sacked.

Either that or Dover are simply 💩. 1 win from 21 games would suggest this could well be the case. Their fans are, unsurprisingly, calling for the managers head on Twitter/X.

Am I the only one who finds the fact that their only win thus far was against us (and at Arbour Park) just a little galling?

45 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Considering he had a healthy budget and full time training at H&W and failed massively it’ll be interesting to see if he now takes an extended break or who takes a chance on him.

And I simply don't understand why clubs at this level become or, if relegated to this level, remain full-time. They simply get the full-time players who aren't good enough for the Football League or National League Premier, or pay obscene money for mercenaries who couldn't care less. Surely it's better to go part-time and get the better part-time players?

Edited by Nathan

1 hour ago, Nathan said:

Am I the only one who finds the fact that Dover’s only win thus far was against us (and at Arbour Park) just a little galling?

No….. Dover were favourite’s for relegation from the start of the season, and losing at home to them early in the season set off alarm bells with lots of fans which continued through our first seven league matches.

On 02/12/2023 at 18:47, GlenSTFC said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Truro climb the table and loosen the purse strings now they’ve confirmed they’ll be playing in Truro next season plus they now have new owners.

Steve King may not have turned around their results but I don't believe he is solely to blame for their position in the table.

His first game in charge was on the 7th October and they played Hampton,Aveley,Datford and Weymouth which out of 12 points he achieved 1 point for a credible draw against Weymouth. Obviously he then changed players to address Havant's terrible start to the season.

In November they played 8 games [6 of which were league games]five of these games were away from home featuring Braintree,Worthing,Maidstone,Tonbridge and Slough. Their one home league game was against Torquay. This makes me think Havant are hasty to get rid of him.He may have struggled to turn around their fortunes initially but perhaps over a longer period he could have done, as he is usualy shrewd at rebuilding teams and producing good footballing sides.

Still,at least Havant got the vital result Saturday just gone,beating Dover at home in what looks the proverbial 6 pointer,so maybe it's not all lost there yet with the changes Steve King has made there.

Edited by 3spirit

2 hours ago, 3spirit said:

Steve King may not have turned around their results but I don't believe he is solely to blame for their position in the table.

His first game in charge was on the 7th October and they played Hampton,Aveley,Datford and Weymouth which out of 12 points he achieved 1 point for a credible draw against Weymouth. Obviously he then changed players to address Havant's terrible start to the season.

In November they played 8 games [6 of which were league games]five of these games were away from home featuring Braintree,Worthing,Maidstone,Tonbridge and Slough. Their one home league game was against Torquay. This makes me think Havant are hasty to get rid of him.He may have struggled to turn around their fortunes initially but perhaps over a longer period he could have done, as he is usualy shrewd at rebuilding teams and producing good footballing sides.

Still,at least Havant got the vital result Saturday just gone,beating Dover at home in what looks the proverbial 6 pointer,so maybe it's not all lost there yet with the changes Steve King has made there.

Agree with this. Although he's always been at clubs where he's had a decent budget he's always been able to get that club into play offs or promoted. Last season at Gloucester he got them in the play offs despite an unspectacular first half of the season.

Unfortunately for Havant, they've been hit by Doswell leaving and the turmoil therefrom. They're a big enough club to recover with the right management team, but it will be tough to do so this season especially if they don't turn things around in the new year.