Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Todays Results 30/12

Irishadrian

17 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Welling now 9 points behind us

Dover now 13 points behind us

Both teams have played 3 more games than us

Important to capitalize on our games in hand.

We have 3 games in hand on all of the bottom 4 clubs so I think the target should be a minimum of 6 points from the 3 games.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Our 3 games in hand are midweek in January against Bath, Taunton and Yeovil.

The 6 points I was hoping for from these 3 games does look just a tad optimistic.

Realistically a point at Bath and 3 points at Taunton would be an excellent outcome for us, I don't think even the most optimistic supporter would expect us to come away with anything from Yeovil. 

We then have a midweek game at Worthing, Hampton tomorrow and then Weymouth and Dover away. 

Worthing will be very difficult to get anything from but we should be looking to pick up a decent number of points in the other 3 games.

Edited by Reading Rebel

2 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I don't think even the most optimistic supporter would expect us to come away with anything from Yeovil. 

Why not? Over the past 3 months the squad has shown what it is capable of, and not even the mighty Yeovil are invincible.

We mustn't fall into the trap of thinking that any game is unwinnable, or worse still that we're bound to lose.

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

Why not? Over the past 3 months the squad has shown what it is capable of, and not even the mighty Yeovil are invincible.

We mustn't fall into the trap of thinking that any game is unwinnable, or worse still that we're bound to lose.

Cummon Nathan a Tuesday night in Yeovil against team that are champions elect, you really don't think we're going to get anything do you?

23 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Cummon Nathan a Tuesday night in Yeovil against team that are champions elect, you really don't think we're going to get anything do you?

It's very hard to tell on here sometimes (particularly in the absence of any emojis), so please tell me this comment is in jest! :jester:🤣 If not, then I hope that Scotty & the team don't take this attitude, or there'll be very little point in them turning up for the match!

I don't think anybody doubts that Yeovil will be the favourites, but there is no reason we should go into any league fixture thinking "we've got no chance", home or away, Tuesday night or no Tuesday night, champions-elect or no champions-elect.

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

It's very hard to tell on here sometimes (particularly in the absence of any emojis), so please tell me this comment is in jest! :jester:🤣 If not, then I hope that Scotty & the team don't take this attitude, or there'll be very little point in them turning up for the match!

I don't think anybody doubts that Yeovil will be the favourites, but there is no reason we should go into any league fixture thinking "we've got no chance", home or away, Tuesday night or no Tuesday night, champions-elect or no champions-elect.

Only jesting Nathan :harlekin:

Seriously though, most supporters will be expecting the worst so if we do upset the considerable odds against us and get something from the game it'll feel like winning the lottery 😅