Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bath Thread/ Parking

Bath warning that there will be no pay on the night parking and that the narrow lane way is restricted by builders scaffolding

Last season we lost both fixtures 5-1 at Bath and 0-3 at home but Bath have stuttered a little lately so as always im hopeful of a point at least!

Best of good fortune to the team tonight. Twerton Park holds treasured memories for those of us who saw our FA Trophy win over Minehead there in 1977. We saw a great winning goal from Dave Russell, some of the best passing football I for one ever saw from a Slough Town team, and an immaculate display of handling from the late Graham Roope in his only game for the Rebels. And good fish and chips for sustenance.

As tough as it gets on a Tuesday night.

We were stuffed 5-1 last season and Bath look to be a better side this season and are right in the mix for the play-offs.

I think the vast majority of supporters would give their right arm for a point.

Team wise with some players having little niggles and with Saturday in mind I think we could see a few players rested tonight.

Edited by Reading Rebel

37 minutes ago, Kaiser Gibbs Batman (KGB) said:

Best of good fortune to the team tonight. Twerton Park holds treasured memories for those of us who saw our FA Trophy win over Minehead there in 1977. We saw a great winning goal from Dave Russell, some of the best passing football I for one ever saw from a Slough Town team, and an immaculate display of handling from the late Graham Roope in his only game for the Rebels. And good fish and chips for sustenance.

Graham Roope was the first time before Dan Lincoln that a first class cricketer and goalkeeper turned out for the Rebels!

40 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Just been out and it's bloody freezing out there.

TBH i'll be surprised if the games on.

I live in aTA19 postcode and have a ticket for Taunton v Yeovil so far its still on but absolutely freezing!!

4 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Graham Roope was the first time before Dan Lincoln that a first class cricketer and goalkeeper turned out for the Rebels!

His Wikipedia entry has Ian Gould as having for played for the Rebels but not, so far as I can tell, our database. Did he perhaps play for the reserves when we had them?

23 minutes ago, Kaiser Gibbs Batman (KGB) said:

His Wikipedia entry has Ian Gould as having for played for the Rebels but not, so far as I can tell, our database. Did he perhaps play for the reserves when we had them?

Thats a possibility perhaps one of the other forum crumblies can help Page I looked at said he played football for Arsenal and Slough Town!

I thought Ian Gould played for Burnham and that I'd watched him, but that could be old age....

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Apart from Maidstone I'll be surprised if any game in the NLS is on tonight.

Prepare to be surprised...

Excellent result Rebels!!! Wasn’t expecting that and I think the majority of us would have taken a point before KO. Lots of nervy moments when I thought we might throw it away but we stood firm mostly and got a deserved win. Now just 5 points off 7th place (and just the 12 points clear off 4th bottom!) with 2 games in hand, dare we dream? Looking forward to trip down to Weymouth now 👏

Yes  great to get 3 points  Bath however are in their position due to an exceptional first few months including tonights game theyve won 3 of their last 11 games! so not so surprising imo

11 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I think the vast majority of supporters would give their right arm for a point.

22 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Wasn’t expecting that and I think the majority of us would have taken a point before KO.

This is not to say that we have a right to win every match, but there is absolutely no reason why we should go into any game feeling that we cannot win (even on a cold Tuesday night in January), as the team have just demonstrated!

2 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Yes  great to get 3 points  Bath however are in their position due to an exceptional first few months including tonights game theyve won 3 of their last 11 games! so not so surprising imo

Doesn't matter how many games they've won or lost during the season, they are in a play-off position for a reason.

We are now in January and every club are in their respective positions on merit.

RR they are still in a playoff position because they started very well but arent doing well now  We started very badly causing talk of relegation but are now doing well and climbing the table   current form is more likely to decide games than almost anything else 

Edited by Irishadrian