Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A cold trip into Essex.

Third played top.

A cold night in Essex, whilst the rest of the matches are postponed unless like our game on a 3G pitch. 

A goal out of nothing in the first half IMO and then Billericay pressed and pressed. It looked like a bad injury to Ade, following a jump for a header. A soft penalty for ricay and excellently saved by Dion. No protection from the ref and a number of challenges goes against us.

More changes on the half Jordan Adeyemi coming on and a more even game. Then another injury with Michael O'D going off after aggravating an injury. On came Jordan Clark (also returning from injury). Makeshift back three, then a deserved penalty for Ricay following a foul by Quentin. 

Ricay with their tails up, but we kept the faith and the tackles continued, a nasty head clash and Ryan Scott ends up wearing a fetching new line of head wear. The ref could have been more involved but the final whistle goes and we drive home with a point.  Still top of the league.

A good point against a very good team. We defended very well for most of the game, they had a lot of sustained attacks but without creating anything clear cut. We created hardly anything all game, you can see why both teams have conceded the fewest goals in the league, both really well organised (no surprise when most of their back line started for Stortford last season!). Ade going off was a big blow, looks a bad one and he could also be gone for the season. In games like this you need a player who can hold up the ball when you’re under pressure and he does that, femi didn’t really do that when he came on, he likes it when there is space in behind and you’re not getting that against Ricay. It was a blatant corner before they got their second pen but Monville still shouldn’t have dived in like that when he was going absolutely nowhere. It would have been harsh for Ricay if they got nothing from the game, I think even though they had much more attacking play than us, based off the chances created it was a fair result.  We  have to be much better on the ball, no problem sitting in away from home but you got to utilise the ball when you get it back otherwise the defence is under constant pressure. They looked very comfortable in possession and maybe playing on 3G most weeks helps that! O’Dognohue going off injured again is another blow, he definitely makes us better as he drives forward. Squad is getting stretched now and may be useful bringing  in 1 or 2 faces to help get us over the line depending on how severe their injuries are. On to Saturday (weather permitting!).

My heart goes out to Ade, that looks like his season is over. He was the best player on the pitch before the injury. Kept losing key players and why didn’t the assistant ref let Ryan Scott back on? Ref wasn’t the best. Would have taken a point before kick off , more important for Billericay to win tonight. Brave performances all around but we are really struggling with injuries now, had far more than our fair share. Well done to all coyu

A very hard fought game, exactly what you would expect from this fixture. It’s probably a fair result, and credit to the lads for their fighting spirit in what ended up being a somewhat patched up team.

I’m becoming fed up though with the poor standard of match officiating this season, particularly in the last few games. While I appreciate that being a referee isn’t an easy job (I should know having dabbled in it myself), some of the decisions being made by the officials are appalling.

In recent games the opposition brush by one of our players shoulders and throw themselves on the floor.. instant free kick. Yet when one of our players is on the receiving end of something more forceful, the referees seem to wave play on.

The referee today gave Billericay a goal kick just before their second penalty, when it was clearly kicked off by a Billericay player and should have been a Hornchurch corner. Shortly after he then tried to award them a goal kick when it had gone off for a throw in… the mind boggles.

Not to mention the Horsham game at home where the ball went out for our throw, the referee awarded us a free kick and the linesman gave it as a Horsham throw. The end result was the referee awarding a Horsham throw? There just doesn’t seem to be any sense in it all.

I feel sorry for the lads, as they don’t just have to get the better of the opposition to get a result, but they have to get the better of the referee as well.

A great point for us considering our injury list at the moment. Would have taken that before the game. The boys battled extremely hard for that!

Never known an injury list like this. To have a goalkeeper, two centre backs, three left backs, right back and now our main striker out is unbelieveable. Plus the replacements are just coming back from injury themselves!

Thought the ref was extremely poor. I believe we had him recently and had an equally repeat poor performance. 

Onto the Saturday!

Edited by Fat Tom Daley

On a positive note, we’ve pulled another point away from Chatham, maintained our 10 point gap with Billericay (albeit they have a game in hand) and when we play Enfield away on the 27th , that leaves Bognor as the only team in the current top 10 we haven’t played away this season. 

Oops, missed Hastings!