Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

National League TV

A little disappointed at this decision as I’ve watched a few. But the quality has been poor in terms of video quality, lack of commentary on a few plus it did cut out a few times. So I’m wondering if this is why numbers have been low because fans have been put off? Shame as I can’t make or sometimes don’t wish to travel away midweek. I wonder if individual clubs can/would be allowed to set up their own streams?

A shame but hardly surprising, as clubs were probably losing out financially and attendances were suffering. 

The only reason it was introduced in the first place was because Wrexham wanted it; apparently they have millions of fans across the globe! 

4 minutes ago, Nathan said:

A shame but hardly surprising, as clubs were probably losing out financially and attendances were suffering. 

The only reason it was introduced in the first place was because Wrexham wanted it; apparently they have millions of fans across the globe! 

Yes, possibly due to  attendances suffering or purely lack of interest/quality and that the figures didn't add up charging £9.50 a pop to put cameras at every game.

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

Yes, possibly due to  attendances suffering or purely lack of interest/quality and that the figures didn't add up charging £9.50 a pop to put cameras at every game.

But I think the vast majority of clubs had cameras filming the game (plus commentary) in any case so not sure there was really any outlay? Would be very to see how many Slough fans paid to watch on tv home and away, I’m sure the club have the stats.

Having been a Rebel for almost 40 years and now living overseas for half of that time, I watch every Slough game broadcast on NLTV and it's become a vital addition in my experience of following the Rebels, even if it is a bit of a luxury given the level we are playing at. The quality is mixed - for away games, the home commentary usually is nil and the RR commentary is several seconds out of sync with the action, but the home games have been great, with the RR commentary as part of the broadcast as a whole.

I hope, like rebelbrewer says, that clubs can make a case for being favoured to provide coverage if there is a guaranteed demand and revenue - to be honest, I'd pay double as they are the only games I will likely see live for a while - but I can appreciate that overall demand will influence the final decisions. Will be tuning in again for the Yeovil game and beyond that, fingers crossed.

Up the Rebels!