Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slavi Spasov

This is good news because Slavi does look to have a lot of ability in the time he's been on the pitch.

TBH the minutes he's had, especially in home games has been so limited I'm sure I'm not alone in not really knowing how good he is at this level of football.

Hopefully Slavi can steer clear of injury and prove that he has what it takes to make a telling impact at the club. 

I wonder how many of the current squad we’re offering contracts to as I’d be surprised if we can afford to offer every player one especially as we need to allow funds to sign new players in the summer.

1 minute ago, Reading Rebel said:

This is good news because Slavi does look to have a lot of ability in the time he's been on the pitch.

TBH the minutes he's had, especially in home games has been so limited I'm sure I'm not alone in not really knowing how good he is at this level of football.

Hopefully Slavi can steer clear of injury and prove that he has what it takes to make a telling impact at the club. 

Obviously his goal a game record was never going to continue for long but he’s shown when he’s played he’s a handful and does create opportunities. Hopefully he can a few more goals this season too.

3 starts, 9 sub appearances, 363 minutes of playing time, & 4 goals.

Another young player with a lot of potential signed for next season which I am very pleased about, but currently a squad player not a key player.

I’m hoping the next announcement will be about securing another key player for next season.

2 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

I wonder how many of the current squad we’re offering contracts to as I’d be surprised if we can afford to offer every player one especially as we need to allow funds to sign new players in the summer.

It looks like at the moment it's mainly the younger players who've shown promise since being at the club.

I'm pretty certainly it won't be every player only a selected few.

11 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

How far off the play-offs do you think we would finish next season if we just retained all of the current squad?

2 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

It looks like at the moment it's mainly the younger players who've shown promise since being at the club.

I'm pretty certainly it won't be every player only a selected few.

For me it’s vital we get Lincoln, Eweka and Goddard signed up plus hopefully Dyce, Lench and Minhas.

1 minute ago, Curtis said:

How far off the play-offs do you think we would finish next season if we just retained all of the current squad?

Ask me at the end of this campaign! I think this squad is definitely capable of top 10 and getting close to 7th. Just feel we need 2 maybe 3 more players who can get us over the line.

Not all of those lads will need contracts, that’s the difference. A handshake is more than enough for the ones that have been at the club a period of time and would rather be here than anywhere else! 

At this current time, those are all of the contracts we’ve worked on and the only ones that we have offered out so far. We’ll look to have some more conversations soon but as Glen said, we wouldn’t want too many players on contracts.

1 minute ago, Scott Davies said:

Not all of those lads will need contracts, that’s the difference. A handshake is more than enough for the ones that have been at the club a period of time and would rather be here than anywhere else! 

At this current time, those are all of the contracts we’ve worked on and the only ones that we have offered out so far. We’ll look to have some more conversations soon but as Glen said, we wouldn’t want too many players on contracts.

That’s a lot of trust given to those who have given their word. We all know how hard temptation is to resist, do you think any of them would turn down a lot more money and a higher chance of promotion?

15 hours ago, Scott Davies said:

That’s great, but we are one level away from many full-time professional clubs, and it came as surprise to me that we lost Platt & Sundire at very short notice.

I know a contract probably wouldn’t have meant they stayed, but even if only a small release clause had been in a contract it might have softened the blow or deterred approaches.

And if we are planning on getting off to a better start next season & being in or around the play-off places our players will be attracting even more attention.

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

That’s great, but we are one level away from many full-time professional clubs, and it came as surprise to me that we lost Platt & Sundire at very short notice.

I know a contract probably wouldn’t have meant they stayed, but even if only a small release clause had been in a contract it might have softened the blow or deterred approaches.

And if we are planning on getting off to a better start next season & being in or around the play-off places our players will be attracting even more attention.

If players want to have the prospect of going higher would they sign a contract with release clauses in?

A contract is only worth the paper it's written on if a club is willing to pay a fee.  

Contracts are given out depending on age, potential progression, etc.

No disrespect to Nashy but nobody would pay more than possibly £2,000 for a 27 year old midfielder, whereas someone like David, Leon or Slavi who are 22 and on a contract, the fee would be greater, hence why they are on deals.

Do you run the risk of putting Nashy on a contract for the chance of making £2k, or at the same time possible injury where he’s out of action but still getting paid, and then we wouldn’t have the finances to replace him during that rime.

Not only that, if Nashy was on a deal and said to me ‘Scott I want to leave’, I’d have made sure that it happened one way or another. The worst thing you can have in football, or in any changing room, is a player that would rather be elsewhere. I want people to fall through the door because they want to be here, and I think we have exactly that. 

If 100% of the team were on contracts and we had 4 or 5 injuries, we wouldn’t have any to manoeuvre with bringing players in, hence why we have to carefully select the players we give contracts to.

Hope that all makes sense!