Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Dartford

Apart from another 3 points and extending our unbeaten home run to 18 games really not sure what to make of the game.

Great start then proceeded to give away an equalizer from an unchallenged cross.

Similar goal conceded for their second equalizer when another cross into our box wasn't dealt with. 

Excellent third and winning goal from Oggy.

We certainly struggled in our left back position tonight with Bayliss drawn out of position on both occasions covering when he was really needed in the middle to deal with the crosses.

Nowhere near our best tonight but the 3 points is all that matters.

Just to mention the ref who I thought was really poor missing a lot of shirt pulling and obvious fouls.

I thought the ref had a decent game, seemed to get the big calls right. The pen, some may say soft but I thought it definitely gets given if outside the box so the same has to apply inside. Then the red, thought he did well to play on and then come back for the foul.

Hugo in goal worth a mention as he had an excellent 2nd half.

1 hour ago, PaxtonLee said:

I thought the ref had a decent game, seemed to get the big calls right. The pen, some may say soft but I thought it definitely gets given if outside the box so the same has to apply inside. Then the red, thought he did well to play on and then come back for the foul.

Not the worst ref I've seen this season but for me he was inconsistent with his decision making.

He spotted some fouls/shirt pulls but missed a lot in the second half.

Should have been a penalty when he booked Oggy for diving when he was going at pace into the area and was clipped. 

Blatant foul at the end in the corner, I think against Johnny Goddard, he waved play on and resulting from that wrong decision in the next tackle Lenchy was fouled/injured which hopefully won't put him out of Saturday's game.

Came across as a bit of a pompous ar*e  😂

Edited by Reading Rebel

32 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Not the worst ref I've seen this season but for me he was inconsistent with his decision making.

He spotted some fouls/shirt pulls but missed a lot in the second half.

Should have been a penalty when he booked Oggy for diving when he was going at pace into the area and was clipped. 

Blatant foul at the end in the corner, I think against Johnny Goddard, he waved play on and resulting from that wrong decision in the next tackle Lenchy was fouled/injured which hopefully won't put him out of Saturday's game.

Came across as a bit of a pompous ar*e  😂

Haven't seen a replay yet of the Ogbonna "dive" but, again, agreed with the ref's call at the time. Thought he was anticipating contact and went down first. Didn't seem to be huge arguments from the players.

Hugo has done well since deputizing for Dan Lincoln and did make some excellent reaction saves in the second half.

If I'm honest he's probably the smallest keeper we've had and dealing with crosses and being a presence in goal from crosses/set pieces seems to be his weaker points. 

3 hours ago, PaxtonLee said:

Hugo gets several mentions on Dartford. social media for a couple of outstanding saves!