Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The magic 50 points…..

Curtis

So, we have managed to hit the magic 50 points that generally guarantees survival after only 34 matches, and many will probably say ‘let’s take one game at a time and see how long we can keep our season alive & exciting’.

I would say, ‘74 points is the next magic number that generally guarantees a play-off place, go all out to win 8 of the last 12 matches, opportunities like this don’t arise every season’.

59 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

We are in the mix but it looks like it's our away form that will dictate where we finish in the table starting with Tonbridge on Saturday a side we tend to struggle against. 

Absolutely bonkers 3-3 last season at their place.

I agree with Curtis that reaching the 50 point landmark in February, when you consider where we were at the beginning of September, is very worthy of note. 

The improvement in results and performances since the Tonbridge game have been incredible.

As for finishing the season in the play off positions, if it were to happen, that would be  almost unbelieveable.

Speaking for myself, if we finish in the top half of the table I would consider that an amazing comeback from being rock bottom in September.

If we could finish in the top 10, together with our F.A. Cup 1st Round appearance, that would in my eyes, after our awful start, make this a remarkable season. 

Just watched Scottys interview and it’s a measure of how far we have come that he looks and sounded gutted ! 
3 more points and now just 1 point off last seasons total , 3 points off the playoffs with 11 to play and the best home unbeaten run in 50years ! All after losing 6in the first 7 !

scotty and the team should take a mo and reflect on their achievements in that , then get on with planning for next season , making sure we hit the ground running next time and build on what has been a remarkable turnaround .

as for the players it’s ‘one game at a time ‘ from now on and see where that takes us !