Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Charlie Strutton

Gutted to hear of Charlie Strutton's sad passing. Way too soon for such a likeable, unassuming gentle man. Another light has gone out of this dark world.

One of my favourite season's was when Bakes and Unders paired Charlie Strutton and Charlie Mpi together upfront for Slough. Unfortunately it was only for a short stint [in game time] due to Charlie Strutton's injury problems but his arrival helped turn around Slough's poor form that season and his 6 goals in 16 appearances wasn't a bad return given the injuries he had suffered at professional level.

As a striker he was instinctive and direct and played the game fairly. He wasn't big headed or malicious. He played football the right way in my opinion. He wasn't flash, and he didn't go around kicking opponents or trying to get the oppsition players sent off. He let his football ability do the talking. 

He was a nice guy on and off the field of play and that fact is the perfect compliment I can pay him, as I've seen plenty that aren't.    

RIP.