Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Horsham

Forster, Parcell, Payne, Thomas, McKenzie, Tanner, Youngs, Taaffe, Adjei-Hersey, Wyllie, Knight

Onyeagwara, Okotcha, Beckles-Richards, Alves, Cass

Welcome back Jake

Much more different to last weeks 2nd half

Interesting as we walked out the stadium that a Horsham fan had said they didnr have a shot 2nd half and we looked much more comfortable.

Great to see Jake back and also that we didnt sit back so much although there were times when we kept clearing it and it would come straight back.

Big 3 points and much more positive today.

Would also love to hear refs explanation for no foul when Lewis was pushed over from behind and no fk was given leading straight up the other end for their goal.

Agree DJ apart from the last 5 minutes we looked comfortable… apart from their No10 Horsham looked very average…… The work rate of Marcus and Dylan is quite extraordinary i can see why Gavin likes Dylan his contribution the whole length of the pitch can easily go unnoticed when Marcus and Sam are making the headlines…. Well done Gavin they are two excellent results against two rivals we normally find tough to beat …. 

Well, it was a must win and a thoroughly deserved win in the end. It was good to see us creative up front, especially for the first goal, quick throw, fantastic cross and bullet header from Wyllie.

It was good to see Cass back, it'll be interesting to see how he fits in since a lot of our attacks lately come from Wyllie as a lone striker. Are we going back to 2 up front? Or is Wyllie going to take a deeper role like he did after the substitution?

It would be great to hit a run of form at this stage of the season. Looking at the fixtures 3 x home, 6 x away, and 4 of those down on the south coast. A tricky run in but not the worst.

Excellent performance yesterday. I like this line-up, we’ve seen it a couple of times now. Playing Wyllie as the lone striker but with Youngs and Taaffe given the freedom to support works well, as both have such good footballing brains. It also gives us a more solid looking midfield. 

The only thing I think we got wrong yesterday was exposing MacKenzie to a couple of one-on-one duels with the Horsham no. 10, who was lightning quick. Mackenzie doesn’t have the pace of Tanner or Okotcha. Would have been better to have Bernie Tanner in those situations but to be fair, not many could match their no. 10 for pace anyway.

I agree we had every right to be aggrieved at not being awarded a free kick before the Horsham clearance set their no. 10 in on goal. It looked like a clear foul on Taaffe from where I was standing. But he took the goal very well.

At 0-1 down I was concerned, but we kept at it and our equaliser was undefendable. A superb cross swung in at pace from Joe Payne and what a header from Marcus Wyllie!! Flew into the top corner. And what turned out to be the winning goal was just as good. A challenging free kick again from Joe Payne, the Horsham GK made a bit of a hash of the awkward bounce with a weak parry, clever cross towards the far post and a looping header from Youngs. That was a huge fillip just before half time.

Then right at the start of the second half we nearly undid all that good work by gifting Horsham a chance to equalise from sloppy play out from the back, but unlike the home games vs. Hornchurch and Billericay, we weren’t made to pay. The footballing gods, having smacked us with a run of unlucky penalties, gave us a break. We then had a golden chance to make it 3-1, a superb bit of skill by Youngs in beating a couple of players and playing Wyllie in with a slide rule pass. Wyllie did the hard work in getting round the GK but the ball got stuck under his feet and he couldn’t hit his shot hard enough. 

I thought we might pay for missing that chance but for the rest of the second half we played exceptionally well and hardly gave Horsham a sniff. The manager will be delighted with the performance, especially the second half.

Agree with other contributors about how good it was to see Jake Cass return for the last 10 minutes, and to see him get through a really nasty tackle from the Horsham no. 5 that got a yellow and I don’t think was far from a straight red. The togetherness from Copenhagen, Cass’s return and the last 2 results are all combining to put us in a very good place.