Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Away v Truro (Good Friday )

Well, that was different.
I don't think I've been to a game at 5pm before, certainly not on a Friday.
10.30am on Good Friday, yes, many times in the good old days when we had the Slough Town Cup Final at Wexham Park.
But not 5pm.
Planning to get the supporters coach at 2pm for a game that wasn't kicking off at 3pm or 7.45pm felt very weird to me. 
I'd used "google maps"  or suchlike the day before the game to see how long it was anticipated to take to get to Gloucester.
2 hours 7 mins it said.
That would make it that we would arrive at the ground about 50 minutes before kick off.
That was ok, but Friday was a Bank Holiday, and it was obvious  that traffic was going to be an issue, so  was 50 minutes going to be enough ?
Just before I left home to catch the coach, I checked with "google maps', and it said it was going to take 2 hours and 37 minutes to get to Gloucester.
"That's cutting it fine" I thought to myself.
" And that's if things don't get worse" I thought.
I arrived at St. Joe's, got on the coach, and we left more or less on the dot of 2pm.
I was thinking to myself that every minute was going to count on our trip, and when we had just got past Reading and came to a full stop , I was starting to fear the worst.
After what seemed an age going very slowly in traffic, I noticed a roadsign at the side of the carriageway  which said " Roadworks. 3 miles. "
3 miles till we even get to the beginning of the problem !
I began to think we weren't going to be there in time for kick off.
Then I heard a calm voice behind me.
The person behind me was talking to his colleague sitting beside him, and was saying
" The app says we're due to get to Gloucester at 4.43.
I'll keep an eye on this to see how we're doing timewise".
Having no desire to own a smartphone I do acknowledge that they have their uses in some circumstances, and this was definitely one of them.
Every so often the voice behind me would say what was given as our E.T..A,,and it never veered much away from 4.43, and amazingly enough, it was at this time that we reached the ground. 
Very clever stuff.
We arrived in a monsoon, which thankfully lessened to drizzle by the time we had to get off the coach.
We parked in what seemed like a small industrial estate, and walked the short distance to the ground, avoiding the water filled craters dotted everywhere between the coach and the turnstile.
Yes, single turnstile.
I was in the leading pack to get into the ground,and the one turnstile had a sign above it saying "Cards/Cash."
There were about half a dozen people in front of me in the queue, and things as always seemed to be going slower than I would have liked..
I looked back and could see most of the people on the coach waiting in line behind me to get in, plus others as well I guess.
The fan in front of me was getting dealt with by the person behind the screen at the turnstile, a middle aged woman.
There seemed to be some problem, and the next thing I knew was that the supporter in front of me was coming back out from the turnstile,and not being allowed in.
When I asked him what was up he said that the woman had told him that she couldn't take card payments, and he'd have to wait for a steward to take him somewhere inside the ground where they had a working card reader !
This sounded crazy to me, and with kick off about 5 minutes away and as I was going to have to pay by card I said to the woman
" Are you serious?
You can't take card payments?
I have to wait for a steward to come ?
How long is that going to take ? "
If looks could kill I wouldn't be sitting here today typing this out.
She gave me a deathly stare ,and said slowly and quietly ,in an extremely menacingly way
"  I.....................don't..................know..................'  
Discretion being the better part of valour, I stepped away and joined my fellow card paying colleague waiting for a steward.
It only seemed like a few moments later that a steward did indeed arrive,and took us two, plus many others inside the ground to pay by card.
Once inside the ground he told us to go up the steps at the side of the stand and go into the room  at the top to pay our entrance fee.
He then buggered off, and many supporters took the opportunity to decline his offer to pay the entrance fee and dashed off to all corners of the ground whilst they had the chance , so whatever the attendance quoted for this match is somewhat short compared to the number that actually were there ! 
If I had been waiting to pay in pouring rain I would have joined them.
If the room at the top where the card reader was located  hadn't had a window so I could see the pitch I would have joined them.
If they were charging 22 quid to get in like Torquay did I would have joined them.
I paid though, and was surprised and pleased to see quite a few other people did too. 
I heard that nearly a 1000 people had watched the earlier match at this same ground.
It definitely felt to me as though our match was "after the Lord Mayor's Show ".
We were definitely the second feature after the main event.
The game itself ?
To me we were definitely the better team,but as so often we got into great attacking positions and then let ourselves down with a poor final ball.
Then of course Truro get such a lucky break.
Even from behind the goal at the opposite end of the ground it was obvious that the penalty that was given was so harsh.
Yes, it was handball, but how on earth could that be considered to be deliberate, although it seems that doesn't seem to matter anymore, does it ?
I'm pretty sure Truro had a similar incident in their own penalty area in the second half.
One of their players "handled the ball", but of course a penalty wasn't given.
Neither to me deserved a penalty to be awarded , but one was given and the other not.
Makes a mockery of the rules.
Second half was similar to the first.
We were the better team I thought, but the "killer ball" into the box was sadly lacking , and wouldn't you know it,  Truro scored a second, a goal you couldn't say was created by good  play by them..
For once we got a dangerous ball into the area, and Johnny smashed it in to the back of the net to give us about 5 minutes of normal time to try to get something out of the game.
When Gabe put the ball over the line to make it 2-2, I thought we'd got at least something out of the game.
Truro didn't deserve to get all 3 points I thought...
Then just as we were anticipating the possibility of nicking a winner and gaining a precious three points, Truro go down the other end and score a third.
Talk about a sucker punch.
The restart was delayed by something that seemed to have occurred by the team benches.
Talk afterwards suggested that Truro had celebrated their third goal over enthusiastically in front of our bench, and that "Yella' had been sent off, but I do not know the validity of these comments, but something did appear to have happened there.
Despite having 10 minutes of added time to try to get back into the game, we weren't able to, and Truro got ,for them, 3 vital points.
Three points, even one point, would have been nice for us, but the fact we left the ground with none is not as gutting as it would have been if we had been in the situation we were in last season, when every point was indeed vital.
I've said before on here that to even have had a sniff of getting close to  a play off place was incredible.
I'm not despondent in the slightest that we have fallen short of doing this.
I just hope that our season doesn't fizzle out.
I want our unbeaten home record to go on to the season's end.
I want us to finish in the top 10 in the league.
That would be for me a great achievement from where we were early this season, and be a fantastic starting position for next season.
Anyway, the journey home yesterday was a lot smoother and easier than the journey getting to Gloucester.
Unfortunately, despite feeling gutted at the way we had lost the game in the last minute, my mind had to bring back unpleasant memories from the distant past to make me feel even worse.
Being Easter, I guess it's good to admit one's sins and seek forgiveness for them.
Many years ago I was a fanatical Man Utd fan.
45 years ago I watched passionately as United played against the usual boring Arsenal team in the 1979 FA Cup Final.
( Those were the day's when you had to actually achieve something ,like actually  getting to the Final to play at Wembley in the FA Cup,not win a poxy Quarter -Final like you do today. )  
That game followed yesterday's game so very closely.
" My team" 2-0 down, with about 6 minutes to go.
Two goals scored in about the 84th and 87th minute to make the game 2-2.
Despair changed to hope and expectancy in such a short space of time.
And then those hopes were dashed and broken a minute later by a cruel third goal for the opposition.
Yes, I have seen the light and those days as a United fan are far in the distance, but even today if I see that horrible little man Alan Sunderland with his stupid perm and stupid 'tashe running towards the  TV camera celebrating his sodding winning third goal I feel like chucking something at the TV screen.
I don't think Truro's winning third goal will still give me nightmares in 45 years time like Alan bleedin' Sunderland's goal does. 
I'll be dead long before then ! 

7 hours ago, Scott Davies said:

There’s clearly a bit of frustration flying about, and that’s fair enough. In my opinion it’s not because of the league position but more so about the games where ‘we should be winning’.

Dover - full time last season.

Havant - full time this season.

Eastbourne - full time this season.

I'm always a bit reluctant to use the phrase "should be winning" as we're not title-contenders and have no divine right to win any game at any time, particularly towards the end of the season against struggling teams who realise that time's running out. But these three teams are struggling for a reason: I've said before that I simply don't understand why teams at this level stay or go full-time. Obviously Yeovil Town are the exception, but this season's league table should be proof enough that it's not the Holy Grail it's often cracked up to be (and look how Dover struggled last season). A well-run part-time club can at least compete with the "dregs" (for want of a better word) of the full-time game.

Personally I hope we don't go full-time until we ever have ambitions to get into the Football League!

7 hours ago, Scott Davies said:

To be safe weeks ago, coupled with the FA cup run, AP being a fortress, I’m proud of the group, but I apologise if we’ve raised people’s expectations and not managed to reach them. 

You've nothing to apologise for Scotty. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was panicking back in August, but the fact that we're contemplating (probably) not making the play-offs whereas I'm sure many on here (myself included) thought we'd be struggling all season, speaks volumes.

Obviously I'm disappointed with the last month or so (as I'm sure you are as well), but tbh I'm not overly bothered about not making the play-offs (I was more concerned about having something to play for that brings the crowds in) as that would probably have raised expectations for next season. Does anyone here seriously think that we're ready (on or off the pitch) for the National League Premier yet? We don't even have a long-term lease on the ground!

After an excellent February where we had momentum and a feelgood factor, March has been a bit of a reality-check. Let us be grateful that this dip in form hasn't put us right back in the relegation picture! And there's still time to get some momentum back going into next season!

On 30/03/2024 at 16:04, Holyport Rebel said:

Well, that was different.
I don't think I've been to a game at 5pm before, certainly not on a Friday.
10.30am on Good Friday, yes, many times in the good old days when we had the Slough Town Cup Final at Wexham Park.
But not 5pm.
Planning to get the supporters coach at 2pm for a game that wasn't kicking off at 3pm or 7.45pm felt very weird to me. 
I'd used "google maps"  or suchlike the day before the game to see how long it was anticipated to take to get to Gloucester.
2 hours 7 mins it said.
That would make it that we would arrive at the ground about 50 minutes before kick off.
That was ok, but Friday was a Bank Holiday, and it was obvious  that traffic was going to be an issue, so  was 50 minutes going to be enough ?
Just before I left home to catch the coach, I checked with "google maps', and it said it was going to take 2 hours and 37 minutes to get to Gloucester.
"That's cutting it fine" I thought to myself.
" And that's if things don't get worse" I thought.
I arrived at St. Joe's, got on the coach, and we left more or less on the dot of 2pm.
I was thinking to myself that every minute was going to count on our trip, and when we had just got past Reading and came to a full stop , I was starting to fear the worst.
After what seemed an age going very slowly in traffic, I noticed a roadsign at the side of the carriageway  which said " Roadworks. 3 miles. "
3 miles till we even get to the beginning of the problem !
I began to think we weren't going to be there in time for kick off.
Then I heard a calm voice behind me.
The person behind me was talking to his colleague sitting beside him, and was saying
" The app says we're due to get to Gloucester at 4.43.
I'll keep an eye on this to see how we're doing timewise".
Having no desire to own a smartphone I do acknowledge that they have their uses in some circumstances, and this was definitely one of them.
Every so often the voice behind me would say what was given as our E.T..A,,and it never veered much away from 4.43, and amazingly enough, it was at this time that we reached the ground. 
Very clever stuff.
We arrived in a monsoon, which thankfully lessened to drizzle by the time we had to get off the coach.
We parked in what seemed like a small industrial estate, and walked the short distance to the ground, avoiding the water filled craters dotted everywhere between the coach and the turnstile.
Yes, single turnstile.
I was in the leading pack to get into the ground,and the one turnstile had a sign above it saying "Cards/Cash."
There were about half a dozen people in front of me in the queue, and things as always seemed to be going slower than I would have liked..
I looked back and could see most of the people on the coach waiting in line behind me to get in, plus others as well I guess.
The fan in front of me was getting dealt with by the person behind the screen at the turnstile, a middle aged woman.
There seemed to be some problem, and the next thing I knew was that the supporter in front of me was coming back out from the turnstile,and not being allowed in.
When I asked him what was up he said that the woman had told him that she couldn't take card payments, and he'd have to wait for a steward to take him somewhere inside the ground where they had a working card reader !
This sounded crazy to me, and with kick off about 5 minutes away and as I was going to have to pay by card I said to the woman
" Are you serious?
You can't take card payments?
I have to wait for a steward to come ?
How long is that going to take ? "
If looks could kill I wouldn't be sitting here today typing this out.
She gave me a deathly stare ,and said slowly and quietly ,in an extremely menacingly way
"  I.....................don't..................know..................'  
Discretion being the better part of valour, I stepped away and joined my fellow card paying colleague waiting for a steward.
It only seemed like a few moments later that a steward did indeed arrive,and took us two, plus many others inside the ground to pay by card.
Once inside the ground he told us to go up the steps at the side of the stand and go into the room  at the top to pay our entrance fee.
He then buggered off, and many supporters took the opportunity to decline his offer to pay the entrance fee and dashed off to all corners of the ground whilst they had the chance , so whatever the attendance quoted for this match is somewhat short compared to the number that actually were there ! 
If I had been waiting to pay in pouring rain I would have joined them.
If the room at the top where the card reader was located  hadn't had a window so I could see the pitch I would have joined them.
If they were charging 22 quid to get in like Torquay did I would have joined them.
I paid though, and was surprised and pleased to see quite a few other people did too. 
I heard that nearly a 1000 people had watched the earlier match at this same ground.
It definitely felt to me as though our match was "after the Lord Mayor's Show ".
We were definitely the second feature after the main event.
The game itself ?
To me we were definitely the better team,but as so often we got into great attacking positions and then let ourselves down with a poor final ball.
Then of course Truro get such a lucky break.
Even from behind the goal at the opposite end of the ground it was obvious that the penalty that was given was so harsh.
Yes, it was handball, but how on earth could that be considered to be deliberate, although it seems that doesn't seem to matter anymore, does it ?
I'm pretty sure Truro had a similar incident in their own penalty area in the second half.
One of their players "handled the ball", but of course a penalty wasn't given.
Neither to me deserved a penalty to be awarded , but one was given and the other not.
Makes a mockery of the rules.
Second half was similar to the first.
We were the better team I thought, but the "killer ball" into the box was sadly lacking , and wouldn't you know it,  Truro scored a second, a goal you couldn't say was created by good  play by them..
For once we got a dangerous ball into the area, and Johnny smashed it in to the back of the net to give us about 5 minutes of normal time to try to get something out of the game.
When Gabe put the ball over the line to make it 2-2, I thought we'd got at least something out of the game.
Truro didn't deserve to get all 3 points I thought...
Then just as we were anticipating the possibility of nicking a winner and gaining a precious three points, Truro go down the other end and score a third.
Talk about a sucker punch.
The restart was delayed by something that seemed to have occurred by the team benches.
Talk afterwards suggested that Truro had celebrated their third goal over enthusiastically in front of our bench, and that "Yella' had been sent off, but I do not know the validity of these comments, but something did appear to have happened there.
Despite having 10 minutes of added time to try to get back into the game, we weren't able to, and Truro got ,for them, 3 vital points.
Three points, even one point, would have been nice for us, but the fact we left the ground with none is not as gutting as it would have been if we had been in the situation we were in last season, when every point was indeed vital.
I've said before on here that to even have had a sniff of getting close to  a play off place was incredible.
I'm not despondent in the slightest that we have fallen short of doing this.
I just hope that our season doesn't fizzle out.
I want our unbeaten home record to go on to the season's end.
I want us to finish in the top 10 in the league.
That would be for me a great achievement from where we were early this season, and be a fantastic starting position for next season.
Anyway, the journey home yesterday was a lot smoother and easier than the journey getting to Gloucester.
Unfortunately, despite feeling gutted at the way we had lost the game in the last minute, my mind had to bring back unpleasant memories from the distant past to make me feel even worse.
Being Easter, I guess it's good to admit one's sins and seek forgiveness for them.
Many years ago I was a fanatical Man Utd fan.
45 years ago I watched passionately as United played against the usual boring Arsenal team in the 1979 FA Cup Final.
( Those were the day's when you had to actually achieve something ,like actually  getting to the Final to play at Wembley in the FA Cup,not win a poxy Quarter -Final like you do today. )  
That game followed yesterday's game so very closely.
" My team" 2-0 down, with about 6 minutes to go.
Two goals scored in about the 84th and 87th minute to make the game 2-2.
Despair changed to hope and expectancy in such a short space of time.
And then those hopes were dashed and broken a minute later by a cruel third goal for the opposition.
Yes, I have seen the light and those days as a United fan are far in the distance, but even today if I see that horrible little man Alan Sunderland with his stupid perm and stupid 'tashe running towards the  TV camera celebrating his sodding winning third goal I feel like chucking something at the TV screen.
I don't think Truro's winning third goal will still give me nightmares in 45 years time like Alan bleedin' Sunderland's goal does. 
I'll be dead long before then ! 

Well done HR, yet another excellent tome! Those late losses be it 45 years ago or recently are hard to bear, especially as this season we've made a habit of capitulating in the last few minutes away from home and most often having equalised from a couple of goals down! St. Albans, Welling, Maidstone, Hampton and now Truro spring to mind. Those 5 points would still give us a strong chance of making the play offs.

I didn't expect that we could aspire to a play off position after last season and our awful start to this one. Even now I'm not entirely sure promotion to the NL is desirable. Just look at relegated Oxford City and the plight of Dorking Wanderers currently.

37 minutes ago, Bernie Gogan said:

Well done HR, yet another excellent tome! Those late losses be it 45 years ago or recently are hard to bear, especially as this season we've made a habit of capitulating in the last few minutes away from home and most often having equalised from a couple of goals down! St. Albans, Welling, Maidstone, Hampton and now Truro spring to mind. Those 5 points would still give us a strong chance of making the play offs.

I didn't expect that we could aspire to a play off position after last season and our awful start to this one. Even now I'm not entirely sure promotion to the NL is desirable. Just look at relegated Oxford City and the plight of Dorking Wanderers currently.

I still maintain that it wouldn't be a crisis if we were fortunate enough to be promoted to the NL and then relegated the following season.

As long as our finances, management and infrastructure are in good order I see no reason why we wouldn't come back stronger the following season.

I'm sure if you ask Oxford City and Dorking Wanderers if it was worth getting promoted only to then get relegated I'm sure it would be a unanimous yes.

7 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I still maintain that it wouldn't be a crisis if we were fortunate enough to be promoted to the NL and then relegated the following season.

As long as our finances, management and infrastructure are in good order I see no reason why we wouldn't come back stronger the following season.

I'm sure if you ask Oxford City and Dorking Wanderers if it was worth getting promoted only to then get relegated I'm sure it would be a unanimous yes.

Have to agree with you RR I can remember the negative comments when Maidenhead got promoted particularly around their ability to attract the type of players required and could they attract the crowds. In their promotion year they averaged 700/800.In the National league this quickly became 1500+ and theyre still there!

8 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

If our off-field finances are sound (they weren't in 1998, hence why we were kicked out of the Conference) and our crowds can support it, then there is no reason why we can't become a National League Premier club in the fullness of time. If: the biggest word in the English language! But we don't yet have a long-term lease on the ground! Is Arbour Park up to NLP standard? Who'll pay for the upgrades if it isn't (because it won't be the council)? All this and a lot more need to be sorted before we even consider going up.

And plenty of clubs break the bank not just to get to the summit, but also to stay there; ask Lewes or Histon if their time at the top was worth in the long run!

48 minutes ago, Nathan said:

If our off-field finances are sound (they weren't in 1998, hence why we were kicked out of the Conference) and our crowds can support it, then there is no reason why we can't become a National League Premier club in the fullness of time. If: the biggest word in the English language! But we don't yet have a long-term lease on the ground! Is Arbour Park up to NLP standard? Who'll pay for the upgrades if it isn't (because it won't be the council)? All this and a lot more need to be sorted before we even consider going up.

And plenty of clubs break the bank not just to get to the summit, but also to stay there; ask Lewes or Histon if their time at the top was worth in the long run!

Word is a long term lease is in the offing so we'll have to wait and see on that point.

Unless someone can say different one of the main criterias for the NL is to have 500 covered seats which we have.  

As for breaking the bank to stay up I would hope that our owners are savvy enough not to go down that disastrous route.

Keep the finances stable and affordable and there shouldn't be a problem if we were relegated back to the NLS.

Edited by Reading Rebel

8 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Unless someone can say different one of the main criterias for the NL is to have 500 covered seats which we have.

There's a lot more to be sorted than the number of covered seats, like road access, toilets, covered standing capacity and catering. 

E. G. We'll need more permanent arrangements for the bar; it's too reliant on our "guest" food vans. Our current food bar was barely adequate when we were getting crowds of 6/7 hundred. Now we're getting around 1000 it's limitations are becoming clear: today when I went there was a massive queue, and a 15 minute wait for the chips. I didn't get any as a result! The same will apply to the toilets as well. 

1 minute ago, Nathan said:

There's a lot more to be sorted than the number of covered seats, like road access, toilets, covered standing capacity and catering. 

E. G. We'll need more permanent arrangements for the bar; it's too reliant on our "guest" food vans. Our current food bar was barely adequate when we were getting crowds of 6/7 hundred. Now we're getting around 1000 it's limitations are becoming clear: today when I went there was a massive queue, and a 15 minute wait for the chips. I didn't get any as a result! The same will apply to the toilets as well. 

If that's correct you know more than me Nathan.

What are the requirements for Access, toilets, covered standing capacity and catering?

I'm sure clubs like Maidenhead and Wealdstone don't have anything better than us. 

13 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

If that's correct you know more than me Nathan.

What are the requirements for Access, toilets, covered standing capacity and catering?

I'm sure clubs like Maidenhead and Wealdstone don't have anything better than us. 

I'm only speaking from my experiences, not as someone who has studied the rules!

I simply mean that I don't think Arbour Park is properly equipped for crowds 1500+ (which we'll often get if we go up) , particularly if games are segregated. 

11 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I'm only speaking from my experiences, not as someone who has studied the rules!

I simply mean that I don't think Arbour Park is properly equipped for crowds 1500+ (which we'll often get if we go up) , particularly if games are segregated. 

I'm sure if it's not already in hand our owners intend to improve our facilities to cater not only for larger crowds in respect of food, bar and toilets but  also for better spectator viewing behind the goals and down the sides.

11 hours ago, Nathan said:

I don’t see why we would get attendances bigger than Maidenhead who average 1500 & have only had one match over 2000, and on the few occasions we have had 2000+ I think we have coped well, although I am sure it has been a challenge & a lot of hard work for some people.

6 hours ago, Curtis said:

I don’t see why we would get attendances bigger than Maidenhead who average 1500 & have only had one match over 2000, and on the few occasions we have had 2000+ I think we have coped well, although I am sure it has been a challenge & a lot of hard work for some people.

We've only had one game with 2000+ (vs Grimsby), which was segregated with separate temporary facilities for the away supporters (as was the Yeovil game). Did you mean 1000+?

I do not mean in any way to disparage the hard work our volunteers are doing to keep this all going, as I believe this is a ground design fault rather than the fault of volunteers. But I said yesterday when I went there (at around 14.20) there was a massive queue (nearly tailing back to the drinks bar) and a 15-minute wait until the chips were ready. Getting to the food bar and out again is (for me) becoming an unpleasant experience, particularly when people crowd in front of the doors and I have to fight my way through (and then down the steps) with my burger and chips, often whilst being unable to hear myself think due to the noise.

Whilst I appreciate the guest food bars are taking some of the pressure off, as I understand it (and I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) these only rent the space, so presumably they keep all the takings? I go to the upstairs bar as they provide "traditional" football food (i.e. burger & chips, sausage rolls etc.) and because the club gets a share of the profits. With the best will in the world, I don't go to football so I can get expensive Greek, Carribbean or Indian food!

As we're now getting crowds of 900/1000 supporters sharing the same bar and toilets, the limitations of what has clearly been designed as a functions bar are starting to become clear IMHO.

Some attendance comparisons from Maidenhead's promotion season from NLS vs NLS this season. Some amazing increases for some clubs at our level and an insight into possible attendance increases were we to be promoted. It also shows where some teams from 7 seasons ago have ended up, although Gosport may have a shot at promotion again via the play offs in May.

I agree about our overall facilities being inadequate, but am certain our owners have it in hand. I do know that the pitch has to be replaced soon, so that may be an expensive priority.

National South Average Att. 2016-17     National South Average Att. 2023-24 % Change
    2023-24        
Ebbsfleet United 1350 1685   Yeovil Town 3730  
Dartford 1075 1046   Torquay United 2371  
Maidenhead United 1012 1459   Maidstone United 2050  
Chelmsford City 945 894   St Albans City 1649 132.00%
Wealdstone 728 1456   Bath City 1415 132.00%
St Albans City 710 1649   Worthing 1382  
Hampton & Richmond Borough 635 1037   Eastbourne Borough 1323 145.00%
Bath City 612 1415   Tonbridge Angels 1132  
Poole Town 569     Weston-super-Mare 1115 157.00%
Eastbourne Borough 539 1323   Dartford 1046  
Welling United 539 719   Hampton & Richmond Borough 1037 63.00%
Margate 518     Weymouth 982  
Hemel Hempstead Town 487 680   Havant & Waterlooville 974  
Gosport Borough 460     Taunton Town 911  
Weston-super-Mare 434 1115   Chelmsford City 894 -6.00%
Truro City 402     Farnborough 845  
Bishop's Stortford 354     Slough Town 830  
Hungerford Town 322     Braintree Town 767  
East Thurrock United 305     Welling United 719 33.00%
Oxford City 302 959   Hemel Hempstead Town 680 40.00%
Whitehawk 297     Chippenham Town 677  
Concord Rangers 287     Dover Athletic 667  
        Aveley 487  
        Truro City 235  

Step 1 Currently          
  Step 3 Currently          
  Step 2 Currently          
  No Longer in Business          

After Saturdays match our league average is now 845. With one possibly two home matches left I’d be hopeful both these games would be above that figure. We’re on course for an impressive 30%+ rise from last season. Hopefully with an exciting summer’s recruitment, more memberships sold and news on the stadium lease we can start averaging 1,000 from the off next season. But I agree the facilities will need looking at because we don’t want to finally get the crowds in but then frustrate everyone with slow queues or not enough facilities. Although not ideal, temporary toilets behind the Berkeley Community Stand should help along with a bar/tea bar. Problem is all facilities are currently placed on one side of the stadium.