Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Away v Truro (Good Friday )

So we're playing this game at Gloucester then.

5 o'clock kick off ? 

If Gloucester are playing their match at home against Brackley the same day with a 3pm ko , I can't see our game starting at 5.

Some of our matches with a 3pm kick off haven't finished till gone 5pm, and then how are the dressing rooms etc going to cope with two sides showering and changing out of playing kit with two other teams needing to change into  playing kit and do their warm ups etc ?

Am I missing something ?

Edited by Holyport Rebel

37 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Playing at Gloucester certainly benefits us. Shorter journey, playing on a similar surface to ours plus we’ll outnumber the home support even though we may only take around 100!

Certainly benefits this part time attender. Less than 10 miles from home, and half hour on a good day. Still follow from afar and read this forum, but circumstances mean can't get to many games these days. Looking forward to it.

No where near good enough yet another defeat to a struggling side our record against them this season is shocking and has cost us a play off place. What a crappy way to end the season so pissed off I really do choose the wrong games to attend, must be think a lot more next time as it angers me too much.

3 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

No where near good enough yet another defeat to a struggling side our record against them this season is shocking and has cost us a play off place. What a crappy way to end the season so pissed off I really do choose the wrong games to attend, must be think a lot more next time as it angers me too much.

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

Agree RR, let’s finish as high as possible. It looks like we may come up just short of the play offs but it’s been a brilliant rollercoaster of entertainment so far. The way the players have stepped up from different levels and after a difficult start to the season has been excellent.

I still am more than happy with the progress made on and off the pitch this season. The future is bright!

Edited by Wycombe Rebel

7 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Disappointing but having no center backs couldn't have helped when we made the score 2-2. 

Still a lot to fight for on Monday to get back to winning ways and keep our unbeaten home run going.

What is the trophy we get for this home run?

There’s clearly a bit of frustration flying about, and that’s fair enough. In my opinion it’s not because of the league position but more so about the games where ‘we should be winning’.

Dover - full time last season.

Havant - full time this season.

Eastbourne - full time this season.

Dartford - big budget.

Hemel - very decent budget.

I know where I’d rather be this season compared to a lot of other clubs position in the league. Yes I’m absolutely gutted as we’ve got ourselves so close, but not once have we ever been in a playoff position this season, and getting in there ahead of the so called bigger sides is tough. Credit to them, they’ve found a way to be consistent and not let up.

I’d like to think it’s building blocks for next season. You don’t often go from a relegation battle last season to a play off place within 12 months, but as you can see from the league that the reverse of that can happen if you get it wrong when you look at Dartford & Havant.

The 20 game unbeaten run at home isn’t rewarded with medals but it’s certainly something that we are proud of. The fact nobody has walked away from AP with 3 points over the past 7 months is an achievement in itself. That’s one plaudit I’ll happily give the lads.

I’ve gone back and read peoples comments about what would be a good finish this season, some of you have changed your tune from back in July/August, but that’s because of the hope and excitement of where we’ve got ourselves, right?

My biggest fear this season was relegation. So many managers said to me 8/9 months ago, ‘I’m trying to figure out 4 teams that we can finish above’’, just in order to survive as that’s how competitive it was this season in many peoples opinions.

I screenshotted everyone’s predictions with us being in the majority of peoples bottom 4 and going down. We were the ‘3 point banker’ for most fans of other teams.

To be safe weeks ago, coupled with the FA cup run, AP being a fortress, I’m proud of the group, but I apologise if we’ve raised people’s expectations and not managed to reach them. 

Wow, I did not think the season was over until 46 games had been played, but it sounds like some are already thinking it has with the last few comments!

Only after 46 games when the full picture of all performances are in should a measure be taken.

Cherry picking select games does not give the true story of the season.