Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

St Pantaleimon have folded

Manorite - Thanks, yes, caught unawares and napping, very sad news. LondonEagle, who also beat me to the punch, stated on another thread that due to all St Panteleimon's results being expunged, Milton Keynes Irish lose one point and Real Bedford have three chalked off, Milton Keynes Irish still had St Panteleimon left to play so they are now six points adrift of Real Bedford but with just two games in hand and not three as was the case previously. It follows hots on the heels of the news, earlier this week, that New Salamis are likely to fold at the end of this season unless a saviour can be found.

Edited by Rhodes

Sad news indeed.

Nice and comfortable sitting in 5th place in the league with the end of the season clearly in sight :o

Savagebee - Welcome back to the Forum, what happened to you. Yes, going by the letter below St Panteleimon simply weren't able to continue financially which is a shame, you would have thought the Club could have received help from the wealthy Greek business Community and Greek Orthodox Church who were instrumental in forming the Club back in May 2015: 

20240328_173303.jpg

I can't seem to post links to another Forum so see some recent extracts regarding St Panteleimon's sad demise, that's not correct is it that the Club will be placed at the bottom of the SSML Premier Division and therefore there will be no relegation because two Club's will still be promoted from Division One albeit possibly both to the United Counties League:

St Panteleimon results have been expunged. Will Sawbridgeworth be reprieved or will it go to PPG across Step 5. Seeing as they only have 8 points this season I would hope they're not saved.

From what I've seen St Panteleimon have been placed bottom of the League, so with only one going down they take that spot. Sawbridgeworth will finish 19th and outside of the relegation spot.

In my opinion this is where the process needs looking at. Sawbridgeworth have stunk the league out this season and if they stay in the SSML there's nothing to suggest they won't be as crap next season. I know they would rather move back to Essex so hopefully for them they get their way.

If relegation was truly their aim and they have had this snatched away from them, then they may end up having to apply for voluntary demotion down to the Eastern Counties. A bit drastic, but it may be the only way to achieve a return to Essex.

I don't think this is the issue with the process, I think this is the issue of only relegating 1 team this season. I have long argued for 3 up and 3 down between Steps 5 & 6. I also argued for 3 up, 2 down this season rather than 2 up, 1 down. 2nd or 3rd bottom teams getting lucky because a team has resigned is fine but with only 1 relegation per division this always risked reprieving some teams with very few points.

I haven't updated my projections yet due to St. Panteleimon's resignation but by simply swapping Sawbo with St Panteleimon I would have Sawbo in the Essex Senior League & Wormley in the SSML. I expect Stansted to be transferred back but Sawbo's transfer may depend on whether Wormley are promoted or not. Step 5 projection

• 3 weeks later...

There was a brief article about St Panteleimon in a recent issue of the Non League Paper, as follows:

St Panteleimon have folded with immediate effect, eight games from the end of the South Midlands Premier season. Club Officials decided that they could no longer afford to compete at Step 5. 'At this level and with no home ground to call our own, the financial demands required to meet with the criteria are unattainable, unsustainable and beyond our scope', a statement read. 'It is with great sadness therefore that we announce that St Panteleimon FC will fold with immediate effect and have informed the League and our groundshare hosts of this decision. We would like to thank everyone that has supported our journey throughout the past nine years and to all the players, past and present, for creating some of the most cherished memories imaginable'.