Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey 4 Hornchurch 1

That was by far and away the worst game we’ve played all season. We made a distinctly average Canvey look good. Missing key players and Dion (who’s been really good for us this season) had an off day. They doubled up really effectively on Sean as well. Cracking goal from Tommie Hoban. Don’t know what it is playing Canvey away , whether they have voodoo dolls of all our players or maybe it’s because it’s the coldest place on Earth but we never seem to do well there. This result is just a glitch and doesn’t represent the incredible season that we’ve had so it’s time to move on and get ready for Saturday COYU

I thought I was watching an experiment, trying to bring samba football to the island of the isthmian league and got duly put in our place. Great goal from Tommy and some very interesting tippy, tappy possession. I have to agree our worst performance, "but what do I know about football!"

There did look like some experimentation going on in the second half with formations, ideal time to do it as the game was dead in terms of meaning anything so that might stand us in good stead for next season.