Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Formula 1 is back this weekend.

I love Formula 1 but this message is a dig at the most annoying man in the sport.

Heard that twat Coultard is saying that when his contract expires at McClarens he is hoping to get a place for BMW or Toyota as he wants to go to a winning team that is moving forward.

Personally I think he is the most annoying formula 1 charactor, if he goes off it is someone elses fault, his team mate, other competitors. I like people like Johnny Herbert who retired the year before last, just get on with it.

Stop the whinning Coultard you were 2nd driver at McClaren to Hakkinen and now 2nd to Raikenen. You are not good enough to be number 1 McClaren driver.

Set your alarms for Australia, then watch the Iron beat Ricay, what a weekend.

The Flag.

Mark....do you actually sit there for the whole race...don't get me wrong I enjoy watching the build up and the start, then i tend to switch off as it gets so boring......I guess i need to experience the event first hand to get the full effect...

coulthard and button are becoming incresingly annoying.. lots of corporate speak about how they can win.. er shut up till you are at least in sight of schumacher m. or r. or rubens or montoya..

whay really worries me is if one of em gets a podium place.. they will be unbearable till the next race where they will break down or spin off or hit the pit wall or something

Quite agree Canv, The Scotsman and Jenson are almost past their 'sell-by' date, and they don't have the clout or money behind them to get into a big team.

Hi Bridge ! I spotted your question to Mark. I watch the race from beginning to end. I also try to watch the qualifying the day before. F.1 is probably my favourite sport. (Sacriledge, I know !)

Quote:
Bridge said:
Mark....do you actually sit there for the whole race...don't get me wrong I enjoy watching the build up and the start, then i tend to switch off as it gets so boring......I guess i need to experience the event first hand to get the full effect...

Yes, you have to watch the whole race and the qualifying, from last year 2 Qualifying days. With set times to go out depending 1st on your championship position and then in reverse order of how your 1st qualifying went fastest in 1st Qualifying goes out last in 2nd qualifying. It is exciting, now the Mrs not only misses out to the net and the Iron, every other weekend she has to miss out to Formula 1. (She says she dont mind, sweet)

You must experience the whole race, the overtaking, fuel stops, catching back markers, watching someone from lower down the pecking order breaking the monopoly of Willaims, Ferrari and McClaren and getting in the top 6, now the top 8 get points, see teams like Minardi get some glory.

Televison and ITV don't help though, you can get totally involved in the race, and ITV will break for an ad, I have checked and they will go 30 mins, then come back and 4 mins later a break and then another 4 another 1, so you have to put Radio 5 live on so you dont miss anything, because usually when they go for a break when one of the non glamorous teams is going in the pits or making a move, when I complained a couple of years ago to LWT, that how comes when we watch football / rugby you can wait till half time, (there reply you wont believe this), because there is no ball involved. I wrote a sarky letter back, saying I would give all the drivers a ball to carry on their lap if it meant you did not keep doing ad's every 4 mins, I did not get a reply to that.

Formula 1, give it back to BBC1.

i watched a grand prix at silverstone a couple of years ago.. after the start which is amazing, and after you get used to the fantastic noise of the things (the maclaren sounded the best , sorry ferrari lovers) its as boring as fk .. bring back brands! at least you can see more of the circuit from the stands

Quote:
CANV EFM said:
.. bring back brands! at least you can see more of the circuit from the stands

Couldn't agree more Canv.

Unfortunately, It'll never happen. Too much money needed and the owners are virtually bankrupt ! A gorgeous track ! I know ! I used to train 'up and comers' there !

used to like f1 but lately its losing its appeal, its becoming to predictable.

the formula i enjoy at the moment is the BTCC with close bumper to bumper racing in most races, in cars that the shells are basicly road cars with racing modifications.

James thompson rules, as does vauxhall 888 team.

more manufactures are looking to enter the championship and i cant wait to go to croft again this year.

of course (just about sober after today) just because its lost a bit of its appeal to me personaly does not mean i enjoy the spectacle or the start of the race.

who do you think will be the world champ?

you cant bet against shumacer (michael) in the sex on wheels ferrari.

my outside bet goes to montoya in the williams who i think will be the main threat to ferrari, id be supprised if their not.