Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Should we pull the troops out of Iraq?

It's been a while since we've had a debate on this here forum, so I thought I'd try to get one going....

In the light of the recent bombings in Madrid, the truce allegedly offered by Al Qaeda and the spate of kidnappings of civilians in Iraq, should we withdraw our troops from the region?

I do have a few concerns about our troops being in Iraq, but if we do retract them then it should not be because terrorists have bullied us into doing so or offered us a truce.

The government's war on terror does seem a bit phoney when there are possibly more organised terrorists in Britain who pose a higher threat to national security that groups operating out of Iraq.

Well said that last post, I am firmly on the we should not have gone to war in the 1st place, ok i will get stick for that. It is all hypecritical in Britian, we and the yanks kill hundreds of 3rd world country people but, this countries leaders and national press don't care, a few brits and scumy yanks who try to dictate that we are world leaders and must be obeyed, get killed and we are all suppose to think this is awful, ok it is, but who put them there. It is no worse than the Afghanatans and Iraq people have suffered.

I have not commneted on where i stand till today as I know the majority of people in this country will support Britain at whatever they do, whoever they kill, but i am not one of those. If you are going to disagree with me fine, but do not insult me, we are all entitled to our own opinions, unless we are truly in Bushes / Blairs dictatorship.

The scum that is Bush and Blair.

BUSH / BLAIR OUT.

BUSH / BLAIR OUT.

Well, I'm in agreement with you Mark, and I think the 2 million + who made the Stop the War demo in London would agree. Many more did not attend, although had full sympathy with the so-called "pacifists". Most people I know [from diverse social and economic backgrounds] were completely against the war.

For many years Iraq has been similar to the Balkans, in that there are various racial groups all vying for supremacy in the region. Bush and his advisors failed to take this into account before committing troops. The "power vacumn" that is left was always going to happen.

However, the truth of the matter is this: the USA, Britain, & their coalition allies have unleashed chaos in that country. For them to pull out now would probably be seen as "immoral" by the rest of the world...[as if it wasn't in the first place].

Personally, if soldiers do have to be there in a peace-keeping role, then the UN should be the team to do it.

But it seems to me the USA would be less keen on the UN entering because, as it stands, they have carte blanche when it comes to oil rights and reconstruction contracts.

And let's face it, this was a war based upon economic forecasts, and nothing to do with "WMD", "democracy", "human rights", or "regional stability".

The ONLY reason that George W Bush wanted this war was Saddam Hussien threatened to kill his Father..........no weapons of mass destruction have been found, and probably nevr will be!

If it was was a case of stamping out Terrorists....then we should have invaded Saudi Arabia and the Yemen who openly support Terrorism!

I'm with you guys, I said at the time we should have never have gone to war and boy did I cop some abuse from my mates "lefty, tree hugger, hippy, etc, etc". There was never any evidence beforehand to convince me that war was right and it has now been proven that Saddam never had anything more threatening than a pee shooter!! It all boiled down to, in my opinion, oil. What if Iraq had no oil, the life blood of the western world? Would we have spent billions of dollars fighting for it? No. Blair lead us to war on a pack of lies, believing every word that the worlds greatest danger, Bush, had to say.

As for pulling troops out, well Blair has made our bed and alas we must now lie in it. There are millions of Iraqis that we now owe a duty to defend to. The country could descend even further into anarchy and chaos if we pull out and leave them to it. How long that will take to resolve, god knows, more british blood will be spilt before the end thats for sure!

next up we should go into kuwait.. they owe us a favour so will happily surrender and move into south iraq.. basra looks good.. with there huge wad they can do it up saving us a job, it only needs a lick of paint anyway..

but..and this is the cunning bit, we then move israel lock stock n barrel into kuwait charging them a huge ground rent which they can afford with all that oil.. then the palestines can have what they want back..

sure israel may kick up a stink to begin with but im sure its nothing that cant be solved with a few billion gallons of crude..

No point now in giving the jocks a smack and taking the north sea oil its vertually at the end of its run

one interesting training scheme would be to remove the troups and send over (all part of essential training) every traffic cop in the UK and with them all the social workers who could carry through all that essential counselling

The only missing ingrediant is Bliar doing an unprotected walk about shaking hands with all those grateful she!ites

Sorry, on the list of threads it just said "Should we pull the tro" by CANV EFM.

Therefore I am hear by mistake as I though it was something to do with the FA Trophy!

I reckon we should pull out anyway and watch them all sort it out. See the even bigger mess that they make of it.

[color:"blue"] Simple Question, so..........

Simple answer !!!........

[color:"red"] N-O !!!!! [color:"black"]