Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Big Ron

Couldn't agree more.

Same bloke who played the likes of Ian Taylor, Ugo Ehigou, Dalian Atkinson and Dwight Yorke amongst others. I understand he used to go out on the pi** with the team as well.

Hardly Racist is he?

People falling over themselves to crucify Big Ron over a fashionable agenda. He resigned and apologised, not more to be said and there are lot more important things to talk about.

I don't believe that Big Ron is the first commentator to fall from grace over racist comments. I seem to recall a few years ago John Motson, when doing radio 5 commentary on a game also involving Chelsea, he managed to confuse two black players, Hasselbaink being one, with one another. He then tried to make up for his faux par by saying "all these lot look the same"!! After a week long suspension by the beeb, he was reinstated. Good old Motty!

lord i remember that. he was getting a load of stick then ian wright come out and said look, you cant get me mixed up with ruud gullit or carlton palmer but in general yes we do. He went on to add that when boa morte signed for them the crowd used to sing there is only 2 Ian Wrights!

Also i do think in his defence it is easy to say things when your angry. like if you call someone fat or a midget! easily done when p1ssed off.

I agree. On the very rare occassion I get some road rage and get cut up by a black lad in his road racing machine I have been known to offer a few rascist profanities and then immediately regret it. I am no racsist but in the heat of the moment we can all lose our temper and say things we do not really mean.

Fruitbat gets called Fat? Is that fattist? How many people get called Ugly (apart from you pinnacle!) Is that Ugli, ist!!

Its just flippant remarks that mean nothing., what about Paddy's Jocks etc.......its all bull.

The other post was right, acts of aggression are racism etc not comments in the heat of the moment.

how weird though, he is getting a load of stick in the papers yet all of us agree.

would you bring him back mr h? i dont agree with most of what he says but he does make me laugh.

remember when he took over at Nottingham Forest (i nearly shortened that to NF until i realised! honestly!) and he sat in the away dug out with that massive smile...until someone told him they were at home!

In terms of ITV panellists, he is the best of a bad bunch. Terry Venables, Andy Townsend, Ally McCoist, Robbie Earle, frigging Clive Allen - he is head and shoulders above them even if he talks a load of old balls most of the time

Quote:
pinnacle said:
how weird though, he is getting a load of stick in the papers yet all of us agree.

Yes but the British scum press are all for sensational headlines that will sell papers and make them more money. they will do anything to blow a story out of all proportion to do so.