Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bumper crowd

Just read the NLP and there was an artical on our opening game against carlisle. They were saying that it will probebly be the biggest attendace in the conference history. There expecting over 10,000 people for the game. We are going to have to have our singing voices on for this one.

What a way to start our first season in the conference

Looking forward to your visit.

There has been talk of a 10,000 + crowd but more realistic is 7000 or so.

We have sold 1500 season tickets so thats an indication.

The away end used to be in the east stand (covered & seated) and I think away fans were allocated about 1700 seats but now its behind the goal & is standing & uncovered & holds about 1100.

Will that be enough for your first away game?.

One thing for travelling fans to note is that there aren't many pubs around the ground so if it is a big crowd you may find it hard to get in.

The rugby club 5 mins from ground is your best bet.

Hope you enjoy your trip, excluding the match itself ofcourse!

Sky have named their schedule for live games next season in the Premier League and Football league but not the conference.

The more I think of it the more likely it is that the Carlisle game will be live. The game has everything going for it. Carlisle must be the best team ever relegated from the Football League and they will be plaing the pub side from Essex playing their first ever Conference game.

Last year Aldershot and Accrington played live on SKY and the game kicked off at 6pm on a Sunday! Looking at the live fixtures, that is the only time available apart from 5.30pm on Saturday. So look like its a search from B & B's in Carlisle.

Quote:
CIFCislander said:
Just read the NLP and there was an artical on our opening game against carlisle. They were saying that it will probebly be the biggest attendace in the conference history. There expecting over 10,000 people for the game. We are going to have to have our singing voices on for this one.

What a way to start our first season in the conference

Do your lot sing? I'm shocked!!!

This is for the carlise fan. canvey wont even take 1 millionth of that so i wuldnt bother telling them how many places they are allocated. ta

So how many do you predict to make it up to Carlisle?

Going off previous away figures and the buzz of it being your first ever game in the conference.

Canvey fans to reply only. Thank you

Hmm difficult to predict. Rough estimate 250 to 300 maybe. Coaches leave at 5am which is only an hour earlier than when we travelled up to Burnley and Wigan. At the moment I'm planning to make the trip but that was after quite a few beers!! Probably when my alarm goes off at 4am that morning I'll be thinking 'why the hell am I doing this?' Those were the same questions I asked myself when I went to Wigan and Burnley and man that was worth it!!!