Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kids for a quid

lets face it if they had the cheek to charge 11 quid for a friendly against Hull (any reports of them having to charge this much to cover costs of playing a team like Hull are lies as bishops stortford only charged a fiver when they played them) then they will do anything to make some money. so discounts to increase our fan base seem very slim indeed

£11 for a friendly is a disgrace. I was in shock when I got to the the turnstile! Then the woman behind the desk had the cheek to complain about people keep giving her £20 notes or 2 tenners! Leaving her short of change.

What about leaving me short of change!!!

I'm no stingy git and never complained about the prices before, but theres charging too much and then theres taking the P*ss....I think this is definately a case of the later.

So much for trying to increase out Fan base! Hornchurch have the right idea and as a result were enjoying bumper crowds towards the back end of last season....come on Canvey stop mugging off your own supporters!

Kids for a quid was a good idea (apart from when the kids run around like idiots) and i can see the club bringing it back at some stage but they need to encourage new supporters.

This years season ticket should have included some sort of deal with the friendly games or maybe go back to including a free program in the price.

Ken according to the Hull forum the Bishop Stortford game was £9 to get in.

OK, so DoRking have just been promoted but as I understand it, we STILL, at the moment, only pay a fiver,

HOWEVER--------------

Children under 11 years of age, accompanied by an adult, get in

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

How much is it for kids now. I go to most games with both daughters (and they behave themselves). If I have to pay an extra tenner though and the bar is shut at half time I wont be turning up this season. Next I suppose the club will be saying "the town doesn't deserve a succesful club"

the three people i know who went to the stortford game paid a fiver each. wether they conned a consessions price i dont know, but they definatly paid a fiver.

it just the way the club is being run lately. we are interested in money more than anything else. this is all well and good whilst we are winning things we need the money to pay the wages to get the players to win etc. but they are taking the piss on some things. the shirts were overpriced at £33 and i now here that they will be selling dvd's of the game for £15 quid a throw. oh my god what a con. i cant see true fans paying those kind of prices let alone trying to encourage new fans to join in and help the club.

all clubs are heading that way.. i blame those pesky players for earning too much!!

11 quid for conference football is fair enough.. the crowds will be bigger, the atmosphere better and the football better.. club shirts are always a con the world over .. just buy one, after a few years you look cool and retro.. no need to buy dvds of the game any more, becuse the bar will be shut so we will be able to remember the game for a change ;-0

i suppose i will be saving a fair amount with the bar being closed at half time so who am i to complane. £11 is a resonable price for entry (not friendlys though) and every year i complane about the shirts and stuff like that and every year i still buy them (hopefully they will sell the new 3rd kit i like the white) just a shame that british football has got in the state it has. i watched Ajax the 1st game of last season fantastic seats £12 quid. a friend watched real madrid v barcalona for only £19 quid.

I am really not impressed by this new priceing structure. Last year I bought a season ticket. I run a kids football team on saturday at training the best 5/6 boys got a treat and I took them Canvey. My mate always came and brought his two daughters and another pal brings two sons.

I was paying £5 for the boys.

My mates were paying £10 for themsleves and £1 each for the kids, between us total to the club was about £40. I can also gaurantee each kid had a bag of chips a burger and a drink say £3.50 each. Plus a programme and a 50/50. Comes to about £55.

Thats £95 a week for say 20 weeks total about £2,000 ish.

This year we have decided we cannot afford to bring the kids although we will still go. Based on the same calculation we will in total spend about £800.

This is an income loss of £1,200 to the club in addition about 10 young people who are potential future supporters.

I turned up on Saturday not aware of the price increase and ended up spending £52 I will not be doing that again.

I think Canv has summed it up, if we want the best you have to pay for it no-one likes it but it`s a fact. I have no doubt that a few players in the Conference (and maybe below) are getting £100k a year, how do you compete with that!

DVD's for £15!!!!

I can make DVD's for less than £1 including packaging!. Blanks Discs cost about 43p if you buy them in packs of 25. If you buy in larger amounts I'd imagine they get even cheaper. Production wise - it would probably take no more than 2 hours per game being transfered to DVD format including Menus. After you have one you just Rip the rest from that. Piece of Piss!

I doubt Canvey have applied for copyright so if anyone does buy any - let me know and I'll copy it for myself.

That is not the point, you can chose not to buy a DVD. The problem is that young supporters and families are less likely to attend.

Canvey last season

Man and three kids inc 50/50 a programme a pint and a couple of burgers total £20

This season

Total £35 +

If they are not attending that is less sales on shirts burgers etc etc.