Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southend 2 CIFC 1

cangull

1-1 at Half-time, both Penalties. 1st from Boylan, 2nd from Kevin Maher. Got a text message at Half-time telling me that the game wasn't very 'Friendly'...Didn't surprise me one bit.

Wayne Gray scored Southend's 2nd just after half-time.

I have no idea, of the line-up but understand we were playing in White again. Is this going to be our new Away Kit? The pictures I've seen of it make it look quite smart.

Good game - Pitch Fight involving everyone except Southend Keeper. All started after a bad tackle for JK.

We really deserved a draw from the game and had loads of chances towards the end which really we should have converted. Still good fitness test for the players and many of the regulars played the 90mins.

the ref was a disgrace, even my southend friends agreed that he was completely bias towards the home side.

my only concern was that when the game started to get physical we were getting knocked off the ball and loosing our style of play. the trouble comes that we can expect that heavy handed way of playing week in week out. we will have to learn to cope with it.

the boys done well though, battled hard in a tough game and disserved a draw if the ref hadn't given a pen for a blatant dive

yes southend just looked bigger when the going got rough..

i had no idea that bramble was that big..or for that matter that crap.. thought gray looked good for southend..

for us tho i thought sterling looked good and wardy had a great spell straight after he came on.. we played some good stuff in spells.. roll on the season proper

Would have liked to have seen more of the Ginger sex god, It definately gave you something extra.

Dunno about the "fight" more handbags from a dodgy foul.

Can't comment on the penalty as I missed the foul, but I wouldn't say the ref was biased.

When the festering toe of Boylan went off I relaxed a little.

Wether we should've won or not doesn't matter though i'm sure if you had won we'd get some stick. it was a good run out.

good luck *he spits* next season though I hope we go up as I couldn't take the angst should we meet in the same league on a matchday.

cos we cant afford one...

the new southend keeper looks a lot better than flahvan.. and is of course fking huge.. but potter gets better n better, ok he is only flahvans size but is a better shot stopper and actually gets his [****!!****] off his line

Thought we played OK last night. A five minute spell either side of half time cost us dear but apart from that we produced a good battling display and played some good football in spells. Thought Dom Sterling and Gav Cowan had excellent games. Matt Joseph looked useful when he came on and it's nice to see we've signed him on a permanent basis.