Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Starting Major Site Upgrade - NOW STARTING!!!

Okay - I was hoping to have done this a month ago - but as is common, I was awaiting on third parties to update other software.

Well I am pleased to say, we are slowly getting somewhere.

I have just started the upgrade process. laugh.gif yay.gif

Please be aware of the following items...

1) Any NEW uploads/new avatars/images etc., may not transfer. They might, but I can't guarantee it. Any existing items should be fine.

2) You may have to re-enter your Birthday if you have already done so - these did not transfer correctly in previous testing - not a major problem.

3) A lot of the 'extras' will go until I can re-hack these in - everyone will also have fairly default navigation (side-bar etc.), again until I can update this for each club/group

4)PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - if you link to the forums from any other site - please link to http://forums.nonleague.com/yourclub - you will see these on the pull down menus under forums at http://forums.noneague.com. I CANNOT guarantee that some of the very old links will continue to work - I will try my best - but cannot guarantee it. So any help you can give would be very much appreciated. If you have any queries on this - please ask.....

Okay - those are the potential 'problems' - now for the good news - the new version of the software has many nice new features - and I have some brand new goodies to add here. I hope that everyone will like it. laugh.gif

I will try to keep downtime to a minimum - and at the most any outages will be 2-3 minutes - so no need to worry.

I will keep you all updated....

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - listen up laugh.gif

I am progressing nicely, and hope to have the new forums live within 24-48 hours yay.gif

However, I need to transfer the database from these forums - which means one of two things...

1) Close the forums for 24-48 hours whilst I upgrade everthing or

2) Transfer the database, but loose any posts made in the few hours before I cut-over.

My feeling is to do option 2 smile.gif This should cause the least amount of disruption.

---------------------------

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - if you link to the forums from ANY other site - please link to http://forums.nonleague.com/yourclub - you will see these on the pull down menus under forums at http://forums.noneague.com. I CANNOT guarantee that some of the very old links will continue to work - I will try my best - but cannot guarantee it. So any help you can give would be very much appreciated. If you have any queries on this - please ask.....

If your link contains any digits (i.e. 1,5,345,654) - PLEASE change them asap smile.gif

---------------------------

I will update this thread, just prior to taking the final database. This will probably be over the next 24 hours unless I get any hic-cups.

EVERYONE will have a generic navigation & menu system initially - as much of the backend is having to be re-written by myself, this might stay in place for a short while (or even a little longer wink.gif )

There will also be nice new features - including a brand new games area.... But like most upgrades, the initial site, will look a little bear, whilst I script in these goodies....