Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

saturdays game

paulc27

seems everyone is a little subdued after saturday, lets look ahead, my team for sat, assuming hockers is ok:

Gothard

Macca

saps

trotty

kerrigan

cousins

forbes

hunter

dormer / henty / stowie **

Hockers

Bertie

**dorms to me isnt a winger, nor is henty but he is a better crosser of the ball. Stowie can run and beat players and although our opposition are no mugs they are below us in the non league world and we need to get at them, just wonder if stowie would give us another option if used as a winger. Just a thought. Apart from that the team picks itself now.

In my opinion Chris Stowe has not showed us what he did when he was first here 2 years ago, and is not as good as some make him out to be.

Thought Ross Wareham was one of our best players on saturday, and dont think he deserves to be dropped.

If theres room in the side i'd like to see Ross, Bertie and Danny all start

I'd be surprised if Hockton starts, reckon he'll be on the bench and only come on if needed... Problem is we haven't got a lot of options in terms of freshening it up a bit, Gallagher, Stowe and Henty are the options, and I might be tempted to go with all 3, although I agree Wareham was one of our better players on Sat

How about

Goths

Henty Saps McSweeney Kerrigan

Gallagher Game Hunter Dormer/Cousins (If Dorms isn't fit)

Wareham Brayley

Subs

Hockton

Stowe

Trott

Cousins

Forbes

Hmmmm, 5 in midfield...it could work and it'll give us an opportunity to get men forward, which has been sadly lacking this season, despite the quality in the team.

I think it would be fair to say that I'm confused as to the reasons why Gary Henty has been dropped from the first 11 as he is the one player that has really showed up on the pitch consistantly this season. I sincerely hope he gets a game on Saturday.

Quote:
Hmmmm, 5 in midfield...it could work and it'll give us an opportunity to get men forward, which has been sadly lacking this season, despite the quality in the team.

I think it would be fair to say that I'm confused as to the reasons why Gary Henty has been dropped from the first 11 as he is the one player that has really showed up on the pitch consistantly this season. I sincerely hope he gets a game on Saturday.

Couldnt agree more, even if not in defence i think he could do a better job in midfield than what we're seeing at the moment

Andy P, spot on. Every season, Gary has always put 100% into his game. And this season, Gary has improved as a player as well. I can only imagine that is due to the coaching that he has recieved from Matt and Justin. They should be pleased that there is someone that has actually listened and improved his game as a direct result of the training and instead of wasting him on the bench, get him on that field. If there is anyone that is a advertisment for the improved coaching and training at the club this season, it is Mr. Henty. And that isn't putting the rest of the team down, it's just with Gary, who has been with us for 7 seasons, we the supporters can see the improvement.

One thing I will say, I interview the players for the program and everyone of the players that I have interviewed like the club, want to be successful with the club and are passionate to do well this season. Some have actually been apologetic about the lack of performance in some games. Okay there are the cynics out there that will say, these are just words but in my interviews, I've been encouraged as to how well these players have spoken. It is disapointing when we have a game, like Salisbury. I for one had a rant after the game as I was sorely disapointed with our peformance.

The players look to us as supporters to get behind them and help lift their game when they are struggling. Some of the players do take our criticism on board and it does effect their game. This Saturday, lets put Salisbury behind us and get behind the team. We are on the verge of a FA Cup 1st round proper appearance and We're in this together. We lose as a club, we win as a club. We the supporters are as improtant as the players on match days, so lets win it.

"I can only imagine that is due to the coaching that he has recieved from Matt and Justin. They should be pleased that there is someone that has actually listened and improved his game as a direct result of the training ..."

Oh dear...if Gazza's praising Justin perhaps he should be updating his CV. A bit like Doug Ellis openly supporting his manager at Villa.

Or was this an indirect way to introduce some criticism of the management?