Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 3-0 Flackwell Heath

Simon BTFC

All good stuff.... Steve Forbes got the goal that mattered in the first half, then late goals from Hunter (pen) and Dorms wrapped it up. (Trivia Q - when was the last time we had 3 midfielders on the score sheet?)

Justin went for arguably our most experienced side, with Matt Game and Gary Henty both unlucky to miss out.

Gothard

McSweeney Sappleton Trott Kerrigan

Gallagher Forbes Hunter Dormer

Hockton Brayley

Subs

Wareham for Hockton (15)

Henty for Gallagher

Cousins for Brayley

SNU: Game, Stowe

Thought Forbes and Sappleton were excellent today, also impressed by Wareham when he came on, did a lot of hard work and drew a couple of good saves out of the keeper.

1st goal came when Forbes won the second header after a Dorms cross was headed straight up in the air by a defender. 2nd goal late on when keeper brought down Cousins, then their no 7 who had been trying to get himself sent off all afternoon suceeded, picking up a 2nd booking. Dorms lashed in his 3rd of the season with the last kick of the game to complete the scoring.

Another good penalty take by Leon. His last was against Hayes and that was under more pressure due to the time t sort out Gary henty's injury but no matter...This was just as important.

I thought we played better in the second half but we did drop of the pace in the middle of the period. No matter 'cos Flackwell Heath didn't really have anything in thier locker.

Well done to the lads and bring on Stevenage. They will be a real test as to how far we've come as a team and a club from this time last season. They are beatable and it would be nice to get to the 2nd round for the first time.

I thought we were good value for the win and scoreline especially with our second half performance. I reckon if Bertie's effort at the start of the second half had gone in instead of crashing against the post we would have won by a couple more. Good to see the midfield chipping in with some goals as requested and all in all a job professionally done again against lower opposition.

It has to be said that Stevenage probably wasn't the draw that most people were hoping for, but it's at home, and despite the fact that their supporters seem to think they are home and hosed already, I think it's a game we can win. It will make a pleasant change for our lads not to be favourites going into the game (ditto v Bognor on Sat).

The only downer on the day was Hockers. Although I can't pretend to be any kind of medical expert, it is difficult to see how he could have passed any kind of fitness test and I just hope that the decision to start with him doesn't mean another four or five weeks out which will really hurt us.

A great result and a decent draw that we are capable of winning. A much improved performance in the second half. I thought Steve Forbes was brilliant yesterday winning nearly every tackle. I was also impressed with Ross Wareham, although not everything he did came off, he did put in 110% effort and that is what we need if we are going to beat Stevenage.

In reply to Simon's trivia question. My guess is 01/02 when we beat Heybridge 3-2 away, Carthy, Lee Williams and Joe Baker scored, but I'm not sure if Baker played on the right or up front in that game.

www.billericaytownfc.20m.com

I thought we did enough and kept plenty in the tank, although i think most if us would have been happier to see the second goal go in much earlier.

Flackwell didnt really pose any probs, their centre forward who was 10ft tall should have caused a few probs but all credit to trotty and Pat for not making that an issue.

Wonder how much longer stowie is going to be content to be a non playing sub? Thought it a very bad decision to risk hockers if there was any question of the injury not being better, like JL said if he only lasted 15mins how did he every get announced fit in the first place?

well done to the lads, all good.

Agree the comments about Wareham. May not be the most skilful but he looked as though he really wanted to play. He ran his heart out and for me was MOM.

Also thought the fans were great. This team needs its confidence to be reinforced and a 3-0 win combined with excellent support should go a long way to achieving that. If we can get a couple of good league performances before the next round we've every chance of turning Stevenage over.

On the question of support, I talked with Steve Kents wife during the game...she must rank among the most enthusiastic of supporters!!

Whatever happens during the rest of this season you've got to believe the future of BTFC couldn't be in better hands.

Unfortunately we dont have any league games til after the stevenage game so I think a confidence boost should come against Halstead at home in the Essex Senior cup, unless we play our reserves.

Either way I fancy our chances of getting something against Stevenage, and making the 2nd round for the first time in our history.