Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Urchins and loyal supporters.

BOROMAN

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it is for comment by everyone so as good as any I suppose.

Did anyone see the "In My View" article in Sunday's NLP. It was by somebody who described himself as "a loyal Urchins fan". No disrespect to anyone, and this is not a swipe at Hornchurch as I have no gripes with them, but if this person has only supported the Urchins since there rise up the divisions then I don't believe they have yet qulified as a loyal supporter in the true sense.

I wouls suggest a loyal supporter in Hornchurch's case is somebody who followed them regularly in the old Ryman Three and still follows them. If somebody who has come on board since still follows them if they slide down the divisions, then they can claim loyalty status but only then.

Also, I think we should start a competiton to guess the number of time the words "AFC Wimbledon" will appear in one issue.

And how long before they claim their 3 year old club won the world cup,the grand national,eurovision and everything else they want to re-write history over.

Quote:
I wouls suggest a loyal supporter in Hornchurch's case is somebody who followed them regularly in the old Ryman Three and still follows them. If somebody who has come on board since still follows them if they slide down the divisions, then they can claim loyalty status but only then.

I think you'll find the loyal supporters are the ones who stick with the club and, if possible, turn it mutual. For instance, Ian, who runs these forums, hasn't been following Hornchurch very long because he got banned from Canvey Island (for running a better website than the official one, as far as I can see!) after the Urchins started the rise.

I know what you mean though. A workmate is a Chelsea season ticket holder and in his bit of the crowd you're only considered a proper supporter if you saw Robert Fleck play for them. So nobody who jumped on the Chelski bandwagon...

Quote:
Also, I think we should start a competiton to guess the number of time the words "AFC Wimbledon" will appear in one issue.

116 teams played on Saturday in one of the two major cup competitions for non-League clubs. So how much coverage did the Vase get? Two and a half pages. I bet the NLP can't wait for AFC Wimbledon to get into the Conference so they can completely ditch the rest of their coverage.