Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield FC 1 Enfield Town 0

Hall, Campbell, Baldwin, Gant, Penn, Negus, Nyman, Hall, Smith, Riley, Ndombe, Hall, Butler, Wright, Davies

In the First half Town looked the better side by far with shot after shot on target. In the 12th minute Rudi Hall scored a ripper only to have it disallowed by the Linesman. A more than harsh decision. Towns midfield was dominating and it showed. It was the 46th minute before EFC got their first corner following a miss-kick by Chopper.

After a good first half 2nd half Towns skills tended to stay in the dressing room and didn’t continue where they left off. James Bunn scored a goal and our heads went down. In the first half we were winning the battle of the midfield in the second they were getting kicked to pieces and the ref did not clamp down enough for my liking. Such is life. Fair result? Well EFC deserved it more than Abbey did but that is football!

The town strikers did not get the final ball service they needed or finish clinically enough for my liking. I knew Bunny would be the difference unfortunately!

The crowd must have been 7 – 800

I enjoyed the game just not the result. We were allowed in the first half to play football and we did second half they realised their error and put it right by stopping us as a David McDonald Managed team knows how to - If you know what I mean! Good luck to him he got his tactics right it just isn't as enjoyable to watch.

Some lovely play in the first half from Matty Negus, Dean Nyman and Rudi Hall!

I thought Town dominated most of the game.Except for the most important point. shot to goals ratio.EFC two shots ,one goal.ETFC 8 shots, no goals. Towns finishing and final ball were poor today. Can't complain about the rest of Towns play. I thought that Rudi and Penn were immense.Negus had a good game also. Danny Jones was easily EFC's best player.

Absolutely gutted with the result.Two weeks running we should have got something out of the game and didn't.

Quote:
Yup. I know as I was there. No moans, no complaints good goal beat us. Can't wind me up that easily!

Coupwotcoup.I don't think you OR Abbeyman/nut have covered yourselves in glory on this forum in the past week or two. As i've said,enjoy.You seem to take great delight every time ETFC slip up.

Think of a song written by John Lennon and coverd later by Brian Ferry.????

All i get is this,

"The page cannot be displayed.

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

I'll try it again later but I'm not optimistic.

We didn't make enough of the wind in the first half and probably would not score even if we were still on the park. I think you can count on one hand how many times we made their keeper make a save.

Shame to say it but there were not enough battlers on the park - bit like last Saturday.

Crowd was given as 614. This included a packed stand, at least 150 people behind the EFC goal, 50 behind the ETFC goal, probably 100 - 150 on the far side of the pitch and many more near the bar. Even I can count and I know that there were more people there today than when we played Pitstone and Ivinghoe.

Good to meet up with Russ again. Shame he missed his Sunday lunch when he forgot to tell his mum that he was off to a football match!