Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Maybe, just maybe

richierebel

I would like to see him come back but one of the best things about the club since Eddie took over is how good team spirit and unity is, this would be lost and do a lot of damage if players though he was on so much more than then.

its not worth bringing him back in, he may have abeen a good performer but once you move on the club has to move on, it was his choice to leave and if hes not getting first team action then thats his problem. as good a player as he is i dont think it would be in the best interests of slough to break the bank by bringing him in

You make two points, ARAAS, one of which I agree with and one I don't.

I personally think getting Tony Boot back would be a brilliant idea. I've said before I don't agree with others who accused him for being lazy and he brought a lot more to the team than just goals. His movement off the ball and linking with a strike partner (Winston or Hodges) was exceptional.

What I do agree with though is that it's not worth paying what we cannot afford to get him and as such we should move on and give the two Matt's their opportunities alongside Hodgey.

yeh he brought a lot to the team but he cant just say he wants to come back to slough just because he's not getting any first team football, he should have some idea that on the wages he's on its not practical for the club