Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonights game against Cray

Wish I could be at tonights game against Cray but work commitments. Would be really grateful if updates could be posted if possible. Lets hope the Gate can make it 5 out of 5!

I suspect no-one will believe me, but had score texted through.

Massive credit to those who went.

Losing 3-0 at half time.

5o mins match abandonned-fog.

i do not think it is April fools day and believe this to be correct.

The good news hopefully is it prevents any more injuries.

Cray must be mega upset,but there again its another game to fit in.

Hope our sudden run of luck holds out till council decision and 3 points saturday.

Excepting Oates and Trego it was our strongest team aswell(hopefully the performance was not down to CK making an announcement before the game)

Calm down there, there wasn't one, it was a speculative and sardonic comment!

It was actually a very entertaining night. Just before the match was abandoned it looked like a scene from Close Encounters, with the shadowy ghosts of the players, like aliens, recceding into the gloom, hardly penetrated by the glare of the floodlights, with all the supporters shouting "what's happening?" and only the silhouette of Darren Watson with his hands in the air in exasperation visible to us.

The ref was a total plonker and we had a perfectly good goal, at least two foot over the line, disallowed because the inept official was totally in the wrong position, and the lino was either blind or stupid, or possibly both. Yellow cards were being handed about like sweeties, and it was so stop-start with the awful refereeing that I began to believe it was a complete farce.

There was a superb goalmouth scramble with big D having three goes at finding the net, only to have the ball bounce off the goalie, then the crossbar, then get shuffled away by a defender.

I was SO looking forward to the second half, but the attempt at play in those conditions was even more entertaining than the footie could ever have been.

It was totally worth the trip, and I for one cannot wait for the replay.

Whilst my narrative stle cannot match that of Margate fan-her thread sent shivers down the spine as i imagined the fog creeping in off Romney marsh devouring players and fans alike-what was the book we had to read-Moonraker- or something like that-i confirm that my post about a possible announcement by CK was pure speculation and a poor attempt to disguise what at first sight appeared to be a pretty inept performance.

Thankfully it appears it just a freak show all round and hope the brave few got home safely

some strange results around as well, Cambridge beating crawley 2-1, Aldershot gutted they won in the conference cup, and Grays giving stevenage a real run for their money. that and san marino u21's lost 14-0...

must be something in the air, apart from fog!

Quite the most bizarre half and a bit of a football match I have ever witnessed. Total clown of a referee seemed to book everything in sight and both he and the "kid lino" both contrived to miss a clear goal (as much over the line as Spurs V Roy Carroll and Man u) and a clear penalty (handball on the line from another corner) ruled out for us; Big Darrens four attempts on goal in 10 seconds and another clown, this time in goal for us. Could only see ghosted figures in 5 farcical minutes of 2nd half, and Cray players unbelievably arguing that game should have continued but then they were 3-0 up and must have been gutted. We can't play that badly next time, surely. can't wait for the replay, whenever it is, but we could prob do without as bit of a fixture backlog starting to pile up with a rearranged league game next week and the conf league cup game still to be arranged.

I read that in the Sussex senior cup that the likes of Brighton reserves participate.

ok its only the reserves, but something like that would add variety and frsh stimulus to the KSC; if say Gillingham and Charlton entered some sort of side