Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Heybridge 2 Ricay 1

jl

All summed up by the above postings. I enjoyed the game for the most part from our perspective. Lots of Ooos and Arrghs right through, I thought the players did give a great deal of effort, and that was summed up by the attitude of (us) the fans when they left the playing (battle) ground, in what was a highly charged tunnel.

I for one am looking forward to the return.

I don't normally write on here, but felt the need to do so after the discussions above. I was right in front of the incident with Nathan in the second half and it wasn't the challenge that was the problem. It was the kick that followed.

Well done to Nathan for not reacting, but that is why Leon and Gray ran the distance they ran as it was bang of out of order.

Now what really p*sses me off, is that in order to stop the handbags that followed the Linesman - sorry useless pillock dressed like an official on our side of the pitch - kept saying to Leon "I've seen it, I've seen it".

Given the card colour that followed, what exactly did you see? Because it wasn't what the rest of us saw.

The officials were not just bad on Saturday, they were clearly bent. Period.

Oh and don't forget all the bollox after the card with the "other pillock dressed up as an official", the "cheat b*st*rd that was trying to be a ref in disguise" and our bench...

What does me was, their manager runs out onto the pitch following an incident earlier in the half and does nowt. Justin, quite rightly, gets hot under the collar (understatement) and the ref gets all poncey!!!

Went up Nauf straight after the game on Saturday so catching up this morning. Like Garth J, I was standing directly in front of the challenge on Nathan and it was a 2 footed challenge followed by a kick. Well done Nathan for not reacting. The ref said he had it sorted and then proceeded to send Nathan to the touchline when he hadn't had any treatment (following comments from the Heybridge players) and allowed the wall to stand 5 yards from the kick. The lino did nothing. The other thing that incessed me was when Ross got injured it looked like that Gary asked for a stretcher but the home officials did not react.

The only positive I can say about a heybridge player is their right back who was quite concerned for Ross after the challenge and went to shake his hand when he went off.

Finally, I would like to congratulate the team for a brilliant performance. I was quite confident through the whole game that they would pull it back but it wasn't too be. If we play that sort of football for the rest of the season I would be very happy.

I left on Saturday feeling throughly pissed off, although i wasnt quite sure what to be pissed off at. The team, the ref? Well, basically i was just pissed off that it was one of those days really. The team played well, bar one [****!!****] up at the back, the ref was poor, but probably didnt influence the result. On another day we would have scored a couple more goals. We were fairly unlucky, with hitting the post, and the keeper making some good saves, some shots only just going wide. As dilbert said, if we play like that for the rest of the season, well do ok.

No game on Tuesday, and missing Saturdays game due to a family wedding, so gonna be missing the town for a while.