Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Any plans to remember George Best b4 the game tomorrow

wyise

The one which stays with me from my childhood was the game in belfast (i believe ) against the USSR. My memory is of George Best filling the screen with those wonderful skills. Wysie, George Bests skills like those of Pele,Cruyfe,Mathews,Edwards,Eusabio,sochratese Ect, go beyond loyalty to ones team. You watch the game,support the team then you marvel and cheer the skills of these individual men amongst men. These days i think clubs are more responsible towards there younsters,They are look after and cared for to a larger degree. I hope one of Georges legacies is that no youngster is ever as lonely in a big city at such an age again.

The only time I have ever been to Old Trafford I was privileged to see George Best score 5 (if my memory is correct) against the team I supported. He dominated the match to a level I have never seen since. The result was 8-1, but I came away happy, knowing I had seen a genius in action.

He had problems in later life, but he never tried to blame anybody but himself.

A wonderful footballer and a great man. A minute's silence before tomorrow's match please.

George was billeted with Mrs Fullaway who did her best to make him feel at home cooking him good and generous helpings of food. George became friendly with her son Steve and even 'pulled'

his girlfriend. I do think that Manchester United

did look after him as far as possible given the circumstances of that day and age.

A player with a name that said it all "BEST". R.I.P

Will be remembered for his great footballing skills but also I am afraid for his failure to prolong his life as he should have.

However,critisism can be thrown at him from all sides but his undoubted ability will always be his trademark.

Very succinct Cookie - completely agree. Very sad, particularly as today was probably the inevitable outcome of some choices he made some years ago.