Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Whos been your player

standard 2

Defence: Glen Golby

Midfield: Danny Cowley

Forward: Danny Heale

As a top player overall, Danny Heale for his ability to score when really needed and hold the ball up and bring others into the game.

In all honesty, the team has been brilliantly consistent, you cannot argue with 7 goals conceded in 16 league matches and 40 points out of a possible 48, it's a brilliant record.

Danny Cowley, the fearless warrior of the Urchins, who returned from a season or two in the wilderness to a team that plays football? That Danny Cowley? The one Romford players enjoyed kicking ten shades of poo out of on Saturday? It's not boxing, you don't get extra points for knocking people over and we don't get penalised for players taking a couple of seconds to recover from yet another bad tackle.

Saying that, in comparison to some of the kickings dealt out by teams in recent weeks, it was like watching bunny rabbits in a big pen....with a football and goals.

Quote:
coupwotcoup? said:
Danny Cowley has just got a job with MI5...Because he goes to ground easily!!
..say what you want about danny cowley..but if rumford had one or two like him you would not be such a bad side..coup dear boy ..would you say this is the worst rumford side you have seen ?..its a crying shame to see a club like rumford playing like that..

I could go through the 'no money' thing, but there are sides higher than us in the league who pay little or no money.

Not the worse Romford side I have seen, but comes pretty close.

Early days of 92-3 and parts of 2000-1/2 were pretty dismal.

We wasn't such a bad side last year with him, his brother, Steve King, Kevin Harvey, Kevin Clark, Jason Friend, Danny Benstock, Nigel Collins, Glen Thomas, Dean Allen, John Maskell and Scott Walsh.

In other words a whole team gone.

Hard to replace that little lot when you cannot even afford to give them the money for a round at the bar.

Quote:
coupwotcoup? said:
I could go through the 'no money' thing, but there are sides higher than us in the league who pay little or no money.
Not the worse Romford side I have seen, but comes pretty close.
Early days of 92-3 and parts of 2000-1/2 were pretty dismal.
We wasn't such a bad side last year with him, his brother, Steve King, Kevin Harvey, Kevin Clark, Jason Friend, Danny Benstock, Nigel Collins, Glen Thomas, Dean Allen, John Maskell and Scott Walsh.
In other words a whole team gone.
Hard to replace that little lot when you cannot even afford to give them the money for a round at the bar.

but we still stuffed you 2-0,can't wait for drinkies this afternoon,i have a feeling i am going to enjoy!!!
moons????