Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Common Factors

Cookie

What do these figures have in common?

Out of 11 home attendance figures 8 games show figures that just reach into the next one-hundred mark.

Obviously this is to make the attendance look better than the previous hundred mark and it cant just be co-incidence that these figures show a trend for just creeping into the next hundred mark.

Yesterday there seemed to be over 1000,maybe not by much, but definately over the 1000 yet again and for the fourth game in a row the figure creeps in to the higher hundred mark by 1,2 or 5.

Last 4 games show figures of 401,505,

505 & 902.

Its just an observation really. What would the odds be for two identical attendances in a row,5 attendances up to 5 into the next hundred in a row, above the previous hundred mark & 8 out of 11 games bringing in figures that creep into the next hundred by 1-12.

I just find these figures very consistent, thats all.

If you look at my guess for todays attendance figure on another thread "predictions",you will see that I quoted a figure of a similar trend, 1001, purely because of the stated consistency mentioned above. O.K. so I got the score incredibly wrong and from another post,though trying to be "positive" got a players performance incredibly to the opposite but you must agree that the last figure within attendance figures are astoundingly consistent.

Nice to see you at the game yesteray James. Maybe you should inform those on the Ramsgate forum who continually get at you for not being able to attend as much as you would like. Just remind them that you do actually get there on occasions whenever your job allows or when you get the opportunity.I hope your christmas was full of fun and happy new year to you.

Also the fact that if you went into the bar at half-time you would have realised that it was completely packed and you could not move and also there was a mass of ques at half time, which were from the bar to the door that leads out onto the stand so by the time people would have got a drink it would have been the start of the second half

Blooming heck Cookie I thought I was the one good with figures being a Credit Controler lol. Interesting theories though!

Hope posters did all go, I did ask Steve to announce on the tannoy that they were in clubhouse to be picked up, which he kindly did.

Just to add to my first post I notice Dover show similar figures to us in that in their last 10 games their attendance figures also have 6 out of those 10 games with a similar trend:

704,1001,804,815,701,711.All with a "few" over the hundred.

Not once do we have a figure of e.g 595,791 690.(up to 10 UNDER the hundred). Dover have this kind of figure only ONCE.

Maybe its just co-incidence with the two clubs & their sets of figures.Again,just a observation.

Ramsgate do NOT have this trend neither do Folkestone invicta.

Enough said on this subject from me. Observation made and noted.

Whichever way you look at it its clever business. Im sure you're not slagging or accusing anyone Cookie as I agree with most things you say on here and even the criticisms generally. I'm sure there is no clever work with the gate figure but I'm sure many many clubs do it so I dont really have a problem at all. Its probably benficial to the clubs that do it.

I agree.They are just interesting figures though. Maybe in future,if anything untoward was going on the figures and I am not saying it is,they could at least be spread around a bit better to at least make it look more acceptable.Of course I am not saying outright that something untoward is occurring am I? (l.o.l) I wouldnt dare! Besides I dont KNOW for sure anyway.What I do know is that when I go through the turnstiles I dont use the turnstile itself but just bypass it.Lets face it the gap is big enough! Maybe I should push through in future.That will be one extra on the gate at least.(Tongue-in-cheek remark MFC).

Of course,like you I too dont have a problem with it if it indeed WERE occurring.As I have mentioned a few times it is purely only an observation.

Cookie I hope you are not accusing the club of attendance engineering?

Of course other clubs do it all the time, especially for cup matches when the gate receipts are split.

But I am sure our honest club officials would never stoop to such a trick. Especially when eagle-eyed supporters are on their case!