Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Justin off to Fisher

richards

Acccording to a report on BBC Essex this morning Justin Edinburgh has gone to Fisher accepting an "offer he couldn't refuse" (these are the words of BBC Essex and I presume doesn't mean that the Fisher Chairman is the Godfather)

Does this mean that Justin wants a quieter life, it should give him an opportunity to get to know all 50 fans personally !!

Well, I've no time for someone who ups and leaves for "an offer he can't refuse" - loyalty is everything, rare as it is these days. And it must be a bloody good offer to to tempt JE into driving to Dulwich Hamlet's ground from Ricay 2 or 3 times a week !!!

I think you would have to say that Nathan would probably be on that list. Would have thought as a few of ours are on contracts then it wont be that easy to get them unless a mutal decision between player and club, but like I said I am sure there are players that are at our club that were there beacause of Justin. Speaking of contracts was Justin on one?

Quote:
Nitetime Neil said:
Well, I've no time for someone who ups and leaves for "an offer he can't refuse" - loyalty is everything, rare as it is these days.

Mark Stimson springs to mind.

Quote:
Nitetime Neil said:
Well, I've no time for someone who ups and leaves for "an offer he can't refuse" - loyalty is everything, rare as it is these days. And it must be a bloody good offer to to tempt JE into driving to Dulwich Hamlet's ground from Ricay 2 or 3 times a week !!!

Hmmm, if you think about logically I reckon it was an easy decision for Justin to make.

1) He is clearly being wedged-up persoanlly and I imagine will have rather a large playing budget.
2) He probably would have been out on his [****!!****] at the end of this season had we not made the play-offs so it made sense to take this opportunity now.
3) He would have been aware that he had lost the support of a section of the supporters so it would not have been a big issue in that respect altho I imagine TC has got the raging hump.
4) Justin I would imagine is eyeing bigger jobs in the future. He probably feels that he is more likely to get "noticed" by a club like say Southend or Orient for instance with the big playing budget that he will have at Fisher and the possibility of instant success.

JL, I agree with you, just feel justin should never had made the comments about wanting players that want to play for our club and not after a quick buck, makes him look very two faced.

Now we will see what he is made of as by going to a club with a bigger budget the expectation on him will be greater and his skills as a manager will be tested. At least he wont have to worry about the fans turning on him at Fisher!

Yes, I do however feel it's a much bigger decision for Matt Jones

If he goes to Fisher he gets...

1) A big fat pay cheque

2) to continue working with Justin, someone he has known for years.

However if he stays he gets....

1) The chance to be number one, not always Justin's helper.

2) I would argue a more stable working environment

3) Less travelling

I would like to thank Matty for taking the time out to chat to us last night after the players training. He talked sensibly and professionally about the choices facing him and said he would make a decision probably on Sunday although the result of Saturday's game would not be a determining factor. Personally I hope Matty stays but from our chat last night I would't want to play poker against him!!

The players are very positive ahead of Saturday and are well up for the game.