Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

My team for saturday

michael

In the abscence of any known new signings, this would be my team:

4-5 -1

Egan,

Oates KOla Donovan Standen

Sesay Gradley Deen Brayley Hillaire

Hockton.

There is enough ability in that midfield to stop the defence being overloaded ,and Sesay can create some chances for Hockton with a bit of suport from Hillaire and Brayley coming from deep.

If we do not concede a goal, we get a point, and we may just nick a couple of goals and win

Would like to see a similar formation and starting line up (mainly due to injuires), anything but 5-3-2 at the moment we really have no width to the team at all, but yet we have two great attacking wide players in sesay & bertie so why not use them in that postion.

Egan

Oates Kola Donovan Standen

Gradley Deen

Sesay Keister Brayley

Hockton

4-2-3-1 works for the danes and barcelona quite well and hasnt done Bolton any harm, admittedly we havent got there quality but surely it uses the players we have in a way that uses there ability better??

Disclaimer

I have been playing to much Footy Manager so anything i may have mentioned may hold no substance in the real world.......

Michael, I think Hilaire would just get isolated on the left wing as he lacks the ability to take players on. Brayley has this ability though.

Egan

Oates Kola Donovan Standen

Deen

Sesay Gradley Keister Brayley

Hockton

Plan to bring Yiga on for Keister after an hour if there's tired legs, and if winning comfortably drop Gradley back a la G4TW, bring Sesay and Brayley in narrower.

It's easy sitting here and putting something down though.

Is it not strange that the first 3 teams posted here have Dean (cookie) Standen at left back.(I do think that Sessay looked terrible there against Staines.) However some more protection needs to be put on the left to cover for for D©S wandering so playing Sessay on the left wing could offer some help here. This would then leave Gradley in Centre right midfield with Bertie out side him where our major attacks will come from.

Have to agree that Sesay wasnt so clever over there.He is still being misused and am in agreement that he should be pushed midfield to extract the fullness of his talents going forward.However we would need a replacement at full back and as I see no-one else I have to say that Standen,if he were to concentrate on that position entirely would have to be the man. No,I am not ill.If he can stick to his task rather than wander then I would give him another chance to shine.Win the ball in the air more often,look where he is passing it and concentrate then I would give him that role.At least it frees Sessay for the midfield.Cant see any other alternatives for this position. Once Allman comes back then thats a different thing altogether.

"Tony", Said Standen played in that position against a rather ordinary team last night.I will not slag anyone,lets just say if any distribution worked it was by accident.As for Lawrence Yiga,when he played upfront on the right he showed what a potential talent he is,with his pace,and turning ability. 2nd half he dropped into the back, though he performed well he was fair. I can only remember Dover having a couple of 1/2 chances in the 1st period.The Gaaaate on the other hand could have had 6 ,one being hand balled and cleared a foot into the net. Oates played better than saturday linking well with Yiga on the right.Bertie was Bertie,Pat Gradly was solid. One player stood out for me,the Dover number 4,don't know who he is but he was good. In fact the only Dover player as good if not better than what we have. Bring on the Rams. sorry i forgot Adolph,missed him when he went of,he ran there defense ragged,i thought he and DH made room for each other on saterday and would hve liked to see them together last night.DH seems to lack pace for the long ball game but in close could be lethal.

Thanks for that BB. As I was at work & unable to get there I will takeyour word for it. However to get the full worth out of Sesay we have to put someone back there to compensate. Unless Allman is fit again I cant think of anyone else. Its long odds on though that Sesay WILL be there in the next game however. SHAME!