Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

seay

teamster

In todays Thanet Times it states Reading had scouts at the Slough game on Saturday to watch Sesay. They had a wasted trip as he was an unused sub.My point if he is good enough to attract a promotion bound championship club. WHY WAS HE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR A RYMAN LEAGUE CLUB ON SATURDAY?

No, you all have got it wrong it is excellent management by CK not to put a player on show who could leave the club by showing how good he is.

(I know CK goes on to say he can go to Reading for a trial. I am only supporting CK).

I notice that in another article CK says he got rid of Alex C because he was only using the club to get fit and did not turn up for training. Do not understand this as to get fit one has to train but then I am not that clever!!!!!!!!

Yet in an earlier article a week or so ago in the TG it mentioned that CK had been after him for a while.That was obviously wrong.I couldnt understand him getting him back in the first place after having dispensed with his services previously.A backward step that was imo,but its been put right now, though self inflicted it seems.

Seasy,put in his correct attacking role will be a major asset to anyone.We are missing out! There are goals galore that he can bring us not only by his own ability to attack at will but also by mistakes defenders will make by trying to stop him.I find it incredibly exciting when he ventures forward & am sure defences would be quivering to see him do so.

I think you are a bit confused here Cookie. SSS is saying that Sesay is a wasted talent and I read it that you think he is saying that AC is the wasted talent. Correct me if you think I think that you think that he thinks what I don't think (Sorry about that but could not resist it but think I could have put more thinks in it).

However I think that Sesay is the wasted talent.

Joseba,I was replying to your post immediately above SSs post concerning Alex C. My second post, 2 posts up from here was an entirely different posting about a completely different player namely Sesay,the person this thread is all about & was not in reply to anyones post.My post about Sessay was purely my thoughts on him as a player..Have YOU got it now? Hope that clears that up for you. I wasnt mistaken at all.The fact that SS posted in between my post and yours has got you confused I think.

[color:"blue"]Osman Sessay is really 'one for the future' at the age of 17 he has to be treated gently or he could 'burn out' and not realise his potential. It's a bit like Arsenal are going to treat Theo Walcott - play him sparsely and let him blossom through coaching. Without the resources of Arsenal we had to play him out of position and he's not let us down, but now is the time to use him for a 10-15 minute burst off the bench. Though it might be a little frustrating for us fans this kind of action can & does work. Chris did the same with Jay Saunders, who spent a lot of time on the bench in his early years before being developed into a midfield powerhouse. If we can do that with Osman Sessay that would be great.

we are a Ryman premier league club not a PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB do you think rooney would have been satisfied sitting on the bench in a league like ours I think not. If we sign these young players they should be given a chance to shine. Lets face it if they really are that good they won't be here for long. Lets make the most of them.After all theve usually got plenty of energy and enthusiasm at a young age they certainly shouldn,t burn them selves out whilst playing for a team at our level.

Let's throw him in. The lad will be desperate to play every week. I could understand it if we had games twice a week but we're not a Premiership club in Europe/FA Cup etc. let's get the best out of him as others have said by playing him every week getting experience.

He really will be best used as an attacking option to terrorise teams and how would they cope with Sesay, Hockton and Brayley as a front 3 with the outside 2 (Sesay and Brayley) helping back occassionally. That would be effective.

Quote:
teamster said:
we are a Ryman premier league club not a PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB do you think rooney would have been satisfied sitting on the bench in a league like ours I think not. .

I agree, if a 18year old is good and was at Reading i think he would be a REGULAR in the RESERVES

No disrespect to Maragte but IMO the reserve league that he would be playing in is a higher quality game than the Ryman Premier anyway.

I have always thought Sesay was a talent and if cookie casts his mind back to October when i said to him at a game,one day the gate would get money for both Osman and Hasim. As a Ryman league club it is sad when these youngsters get a chance to better themselves and leave but, we are in no position moraly or financially to stand in there way.The reality is, finances are important to us at the moment,the club is surviving by a thread on dwindling gates,the goodwill of directors and the efforts of M,I,S,A until the development goes through. This is a period unique in the clubs history when supporters efforts will have a major financial impact on the club both on and of the field.If a league club does come in for either them at least they are under contract and the Gaaate will get a return,unlike Sam Sodje who left only goodwill.I will be as sad as the next to see Sesay leave,he is a good open youngster who loves the game with a passion ,is always open to talk to any one and is a nice lad.Lets hope we can keep hold of him until the end of the season. Like Cookie i would love to see him on the right wing both making space for Bertie and Danny but also benefiting from the space they will be making in return. Up wards and onwards

The problem for us is that we do not have a reserve team where we can nurture these players. We have placed too much pressure on young footballers expecting them to perform like experienced players each week. Other clubs can see the talent, along with us, but can offer them training, reserve team football and the chance to break into the first team.

you have it in one,if these players are not in the team and just sitting on the bench,as theres no reserve side,you end up with a situation of them training week after week and not playing football,and thats what there here to do,i liken it to the apple tree that dosnt produce apples,whats the point..