Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

today

seasidesteve

for 15 minutes we looked like we were gona get 6 then nothing 500odd of us standing in the perishing cold watching utter rubbish.second half especially we didnt have a clue strong wind so where do we kick it straight up in the air.its not the players im sure bar one or two they are good enough.its the system or lack of one the poor buggers dont know what the hell to do.bertie is a fantastic tallent totally wasted he should be playing behind a front 2 running the game.we will certainly be relegated if things are not changed now the chance for more tome to get things right is gone.even the warm up before the game is a total shambles

SSS is an honest true Margate Fan. Todays performance was generally disapointing against a very weak team that got what they wanted 1 point. Of todays performances I would say that Robin Trott has been a good acquistion as he put some order into the back line and talked to everyone around him which gave them confidence. This was shown most by Dean Standen (I know no one likes him but he did an adequate job today) who held his position and stuck to his task. The new Goalie also looked confident except when that terrible goal line shambles happened but, you could say that he got the ball.

As SSS said BB should not be playing upfront as he contribution is more effective roaming just behind the front 2 this also helps link the midfield with the attack.

I do feel more confident today than the last few weeks but just wonder now where the 5 wins we need are going to come from.

I see where you all are coming from, but to be fair we played well for long parts today and looked more solid as a team. It was the best start I have seen for a while, we kept a clean sheet and SHOULD have won, ok Harrow aren't the best side we have played, but Hockton impressed, he didn't give up and could have scored many times, kept on running for the ball. Brayley as usual played well and we dominated play for early parts. We need to do this for all 90mins, but we are improving!

SSS has some valid points as do others who were there today.The performance wasnt that bad I thought.Yes,we should have won and yes,Bertie is doing all the running and hard work.I am concerned that if others dont do the same he may well depart.Despite him being on contract it wouldnt surprise me one bit that he could have that get out clause filtered into his contract. Lets hope he stays and toughs it out but he does need the support.The frustration in his face is there for all to see. However even his shooting boots werent there today but to be truthful the whole teams the performance was an o.k. one. I too feel better about things now despite todays result. Harrow were poor & again we fail to make home advantage work.Their goalkeeper was a bunch of nerves. Couldnt kick,was panicky in the box and took more that 6 seconds holding the ball on several occasions.But thats down to the referee. I counted one instance where he had the ball in his hands for a full 11 seconds.We should have played on that more.

Joseba, why do you think no-one likes Standen. I like him! Honestly! He just dosent provide the extra sparkle we need.Its by no means a personal thing so lets get that straight shall we! He did o.k.today I agree but to me the others are still carrying him and we are still losing out to that attacking force of Sesay up front.I assume Sesay is injured otherwise he would surely have been given a run out today.

It was 2 points dropped again today but I can see hope there at last.

As for being "positive", all I can say is that I for one was more positive than others by saying we would win by 3 goals and win well today. Thats where being being positive gets you.

SSS says what he feels and what he sees and its no different to others who saw the same things.His or anyone elses negativity does not change the form of a team. Words will not make them play better so allow him his honesty.

A game we really should have won but it things ARE looking better despite todays result. WE WILL get that big victory soon. I can really see that occurring sooner rather than later.

I agree Cookie, it is looking more positive, but where are the goals coming from. We can't expect to walk the ball into the net, but the boo boys seem to have everyone frightened of shooting. I noticed today, Yiga had a couple of shots, but all I heard around me was dont shoot pass, so even he stopped trying to score.

well said cookie through thick and thin springs to mind and boy we have been through them. As for bertie i dont think he will move on nor will most of the others. Although we didnt win, today was a big high 4 me,and next season will see the gate move on and upwards i hope i dont have to eat my words

Our goalkeeper looked assured today. I think he would make a good aqusition to our ranks.Is he on loan or have we signed him? HE did "flap" near the end today when he missed the ball completely and the ball was subsequently cleared from the line after having hit the post but all-in-all he did fine and I felt things were safe in his hands.

New centre back won nearly all high balls and that was something we were missing previously. The teams getting there!