Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

today

seasidesteve

Cookie you only have to open your ears at the ground before the game had even kicked off and all I could hear was "Standen playing again why?".

I will tell you why it's because we only have 2 full backs and when 1 is injured someone has to play out of position and play there and, at the moment he is the best option.

This is not his fault and I think playing alongside Trott today who talked and cajouled him all the time today helped him and gave him confidence.

Finally Cookie I am not having a go at you about him.

The keeper i think is not on any contract and Lee Turner oh lord Lee Turner recommended him so he could walk away tomorrow i hope not but West Ham have the final say. I am going to leigh on sea 2morrow to say hello to ian Oconnell bring back the old school i say

Joseba I take no offence whatsoever. I speak my mind also but I do see positives where previously there werent any. I too said the same thing today "oh, Standens playing again" but after that I just sat back and watched the game as "we just have to get on with it". He wasnt the worst player by a long chalk today & no slagging off of him came from my mouth today I'm pleased to say as I couldnt see where he would have warranted it.

As a team they just lacked that extra sparkle and not one player can be singled out from today as having a real off day. My m.o.t.m today however i.m.o was Edwards. He did his job well again today. Bertie runs and runs and yes,but Edwards did the better today. Standen isnt there by choice I agree and he WILL learn from Trott.If he were to continue playing then its in this position rather than others that I would prefer to see him in. Sesay however is a much better choice for the full backs position as he attacks the ball more.If Sesay cant be played in his proper position of going forward then he would be MY full back even though that in itself is not my ideal team selection either.

Today we were not good but we were not crap. I think today was one of our worst home perfomances this season. We were strong in defence today, winning all the midfeild battles but not creating anything up front which we seriously need to. I did not see much commitment out there today, which did dissapoint me as i the team have been improving lately.

If i was the manager I would not be paying the whole team even if the likes of Braley and Hockton are playing, i feel if 1 player puts in a bad performance then the whole team puts in a bad performance, so the whole team has to be punished.

Today we were not good!

But we were not crap!

Was one of our worst performances!

Which one is it Alex?

If we were NOT crap why hold back on their wages?

I've seen far worse performances where they maybe should have done so but in all honesty I dont think that today was not one of those games for such action to be implemented.

Remember your words: But we were not crap!!

We have seen crap in past games but today wasnt one of them,I agree with you! But holding back on ALL of their wages? Tell that to Brayley! He worked his socks off again & I dont know about stopping HIS wages but he should be getting overtime & a BONUS.

I think you have been watching too many programmes about the French Foreign Legion where they punish "all for one and one for all".

Interesting to see in todays NLP that Trott was their 'star man', I was at the attacking end both halfs so did not see a lot of him but good to see that he is settling in, also like the description of 'a blustery Hartsdown Park'!

In terms of earliar comments, I think that we did play WELL in the match and we should have won. I understand everyones views and respect them, I see where you are all coming from, but from my view it was one of our better home performances and we're an improving side that looks more settled as a unit as I said yesterday.

He was the lead singer with the group that sang that song back in the 80s I believe. Dead or Alive I think the group was called.Turned into a make-up "queen" now with big red rubber lips(op went wrong I think)and he was on big brother giving loads of mouth."LIPPY" comes to mind ha! ha!.

If u click on the users name, there is an option saying you can ignore a user...

"thanks to this money saving tip from onelosthousemate, I no longer need to read the drivel that seaside steve comes out with" - Ted from Sandwich

"ignoring pessimistic messages that are repeated on a weekly basis really helped my sex life, thanks onelosthousemate" - Dean from Margate

"I saved 4 hours, on the ignore the margate moaners plan, now I can go out and play with my son, thanks onelosthousemate" - Paul from Minster.

Ignoring people really can work, and these testimonys prove it.

Ignore the pessimism, because your sanity really matters to us. 9/10 Sodje's prefer it