Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

today

seasidesteve

Its only a forum John. They dont have to look in and as you say they now ignore posts from people they wish not to read.However if their curiosity gets the better of them I am sure it does & they turn that button off even after having used it JUST to see whats been said anyway. Those people should be attending games anyway no matter what is said on the forum. It only carries a few peoples feelings rather than the majoritys anyway.

If they cant hack other peoples views then why is this called a forum.Should it be renamed the "ALL IN AGREEMENT" page. How boring would that we?

If you are real sss introduce yourself to KP at the next game. He as voiced an interest in meeting you.

The positives i took out of the game yesterday were, we had a keeper i didn't have to worry about he was solid plus he had a well marshaled defence in front of him keeping the opposition usually at a distance.

We had a guy in Trott who could win every thing in the air and could shout for England.

The team played further up the field and without the gusting wind and the couple of midfielders ck as promised we will be a force.

The best improvement was in seeing Bill Edwards enjoying his game again he actually smiled a couple of times.

Lawrence Yiga is not the finished article by a long way but as with Osman and Hasim we have 3 jewels with good futures.

Lets hope next season when we have a reserve side they are in a league of sufficient standard to push the youngsters. Is it possible to play one in the Kent league proper?. With another 45 points to play for lets keep the faith. upwards and onwards.

Blueblood you make some very good points. We really need a reserve side and then perhaps the likes of Yiga could be really brought on and developed. He has some good basic ability and there is potential. The defence was solid yesterday and it was a pleasure to see with a very good keeper behind them as well so thats a massive positive.

One more comment,i cannot wait to get Allman back then i believe nobody will get past us.

I think the lack of a reserve team this season has been our downfall and funds have to be made available for this next season as a priority.

I delibratley did not move for the second half as I wanted to see how the defence performed and they did hold a nice tight high line as Robin promised (lets hope Batman arrives in midfield soon).

How much would it be to run a reserve squad next season? Is it something that MISA could assist with. We have already given a good amount to the club this season, could fundraising include a reserve side. What are other peoples thoughts?

I dont know if MISA are looking at this but I hope that something is arranged for next season as it should be a priority. The main cost would be a reserve team manager unless one can be found for free, maybe someone who has coaching skills could offer or maybe CK would have someone in mind. Food for thought.

I can understand the concerns re having a reserve side but one thing does puzzle me.

Take for example the goalkeeping situation. If we had a reserve side playing in the Kent League on a Saturday, presumably we would need three goalkeepers (at least). One to play in each game and one to go on the bench for the first team. So which goalkeeper would be on the bench for the first team - would they alternate or would the better of the "other two" always be on the bench. If the better of the other two was always on the bench then presumably it would not be long before he was not the better of the other two because the other "other two" were always getting games and he wasn't.

Oh dear!

well your definition of a forum isn't exactly my definition of a forum, if i don't want to read through messages of utter tripe, then i won't i'd rather have messages that have a bit of opptimism in them or fun...

which is why its good when Vean has a word on here, cos with comments RE: Standen, he puts some of the other fans to shame.

This problem of the keeper is why we are supporters and not managers it's thier problem thank goodness.

Talking of managers for the reserve side it would have to be one who's ideas on the game mirror CK's (or whoever is the first team manager) so when a player gets into the first team he has been playing the same system.

What about JK as the first reserve team manager?

Yes M,i,s,a do read this unfortunately i have just written a reply which as taken 20 Min's to put down only to loose it when the phone distracted me. The gist is ,M,i,s,a is an organisation of 80 plus supporters of whom only an handful turn out for whatever reason on a regular basis to organise and man the club house for matches and functions. These people who give a lot more time than i (due to working unsociable hours) and put a lot of effort IE New years eve, into organising events. For M,i,s,a to do as you want the supporters need to help by selling these events out on the streets and/or turning out to enjoy a good nights entertainment. For M,i,s,a, to go on and expand its help to the club perhaps by helping the reserves it NEEDS YOU to help it.