Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Non League UK - Closure or Continue?

Hello,

Some of you may have wondered where I have been for the last 2 months - well I could tell you that I have been sunning myself on a 2 month cruise, or maybe I have been on the run for two months unable to get near a PC - well sorry to say neither have been true.

I apologise if you have emailed me in that time, but I have been unable due to rather poor health to respond to many, if any people during that time.

As we approach Christmas - I have thought long and hard about what to do - do I bow to my illness and say 'okay I will close the site, hibernate and pretend the world does not exist', or do I keep it running and fight the illness.

Well you may be pleased to know it is the latter...

At this point I would like to mention Scorecheck to you http://www.scorecheck.co.uk - they were very kind in agreeing to give away each month a months supply of scores and results on any Ryman and Dr. Martens Premier club - sadly about the time we were going live with this, is when I had to retreat from most things. So this give-away never happened. But hopefully it will in the future.

If you support a club, that is covered by http://www.scorecheck.co.uk , why not pay them a visit, and see how they can send you regular scoreflashes via SMS on your team - or maybe on the opposition - you can chop and change the team - so if you are at your own match, and wish to know if your nearest rivals are being thrashed, you can - please don't blame Scorecheck if the other team win smile.gif

Okay back to Non League UK.....

Recently requested a Forum?

If you have recently requested a forum, and I have not done it for you, then sorry - please request again, and I will do it asap. I hope you will forgive me for not responding earlier. If I do not hear from those that did contact me, I will assume you have sorted a form out.

Of course all the new developments that I was planning, will have to go on hold - but rest assured they will happen at some stage in early 2003.

The only big change is that I will have to introduce some kind of low key sponsorship/advertising - as I have been unable to work, the cost of running the site, is hitting me hard, so please forgive me for any advertising - but my promise of no pop-ups ever still remains. Of course if anyone feels the desire to help the site run financially, then please let me know smile.gif I will not object, and neither will the bank!

I will look at other areas of the site, that need updating like the links section, so bear with me.

If you are able to help in any way, please let me know. It would be much appreciated.

All that remains now, is for me to wish you and your family a safe and happy Christmas, and a sober New Year (except Christmas parties, New Years eve, match days, and any other days in between) - whatever you are doing enjoy the season.

Kind Regards,

Ian

Non League UK

http://www.nonleague.net

Tel: 0845 345 8888

Fax: 0870 458 1213

• 2 weeks later...