Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
3praise has been conspicuous by his absence lately

3praise still hasn't been on since Haringey's defeat on Saturday at Royston, if he feels embarrassed to 'show his face' he doesn't need to, he isn't the one to blame for their sad demise.

Yearup - You still around, i thought you were going to retire from this Forum gracefully, you're not offering anything.

The Royston v Haringey match report is all over the Tottenham Journal like a rash today under the unfortunate headline 'Poor Haringey are Relegatred after Royston Shocker':

Borough face almost certain relegation for the first time in 18 years after their season ended with a thrashing by fellow strugglers Royston. In theory the FA's latest restructuring programme could yet earn them a reprieve but it looks almost certain that Borough will ply their trade in division 1 next year. Royston, who started the day in bottom spot, began with a passion and determination which they maintained throughout and Borough never looked like matching them. The home side went within a whisker of taking the lead from two early free kicks and did so from a third in the ninth minute. Borough keeper Jamie Brown pushed out the kick which should have been cleared before it reached him but Allan Reid was on hand for an easy tap in. The Crows doubled their lead 15 minutes later when Graham Tibbals chased a long bouncing ball and took advantage of hesitant defending to dink a header over the advancing Brown. Although Kieran Donnelly spurned a chance at the far post, Borough showed little in attack until just before the interval when Alfred Kamara muscled his way through to plant a low shot under keeper Ken Kamata. But Borough's renewed hope faded quickly as Royston resserted their dominance and made it 3-1 just 10 minutes into the second half whan Tibbals fired home after a prolonged scramble. Borough's best chance had come just before that when David Patten unleashed a volley from around the centre circle producing a flying save from Kamata. Even after Tibbals second goal Borough might yet have got back into the game as Calvin Petrie got clear on the right and unleashed a low cross shot which flashed agonisingly wide. With Borough forced to gamble Jez McMurrough sealed their fate working his way into space and firing in a shot that Brown could only help into the net. Royston gained a penalty, awarded for a push nine minutes from time, and Stuart Snowden netted a powerful shot but it made little difference to the outcome. The news that Holmer Green had collected a point at Chalfont St Peter condemmed Borough to bottom spot and made relegation almost inevitable. Team: Brown, Mitchell, Ajayi, Patten, Stokes, Perifimou, R Kamara, A Kamara, Petrie, Donnelly, Tulloch. Subs: Offei, Umeh

the rock says: i would have to say keep checking the website for updated information on the issue of management.

Ron: i will take your good will gesture as it is and not in a sarcastic way you could have meant it. There have been a lot on this board who have been fantastic in showing your support for the borough and again i would like to thank those people.

3praise - Yes lets hope 'we' can bounce straight back next season, John Bacon will have to get his map book out to find some of the more obscure places such as Winslow United, Cranfield United, Sun Postal Sports, Amersham Town and Kentish Town.

We're not homeless, it will be an old fashioned local derby next season with just a few miles seperating us.

3praise is still very conspicuous by his absence, since the infamous defeat by Royston Town almost two weeks ago he has only been on a couple of times and I'm curious to know whether he has already dusted off his AA or RAC road map in order to find places such as Winslow, Cranfield, Buckingham and Stony Stratford.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
3praise is still very conspicuous by his absence, since the infamous defeat by Royston Town almost two weeks ago he has only been on a couple of times and I'm curious to know whether he has already dusted off his AA or RAC road map in order to find places such as Winslow, Cranfield, Buckingham and Stony Stratford.

This is a classic Rhodes post - snide, provocative, call it what you will - hardly a candidate for moderator is he, Ian?

I think the real reason he wants to be moderator is to enhance his voyeurism. He seems to want to know where everybody is all the time whenever they're not posting on here. Perhaps he thinks he'll have access to some secret vault of information about everyone's private lives if he's moderator.

Rhodes - I will not need a map as i have such a good connection with the players that they do not hesitate to drive me to away games.

Unlike when you was at the club rhodes i remember people bringing suitcases to put on spare seats so you couldnt get in.

Originally Posted By: 3praise
Rhodes - I will not need a map as i have such a good connection with the players that they do not hesitate to drive me to away games.

Unlike when you was at the club rhodes i remember people bringing suitcases to put on spare seats so you couldnt get in.

gotcha

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Kentish Town will welcome Harringay Borough FC with open arms next season, brothers to the fold.

Tiger007 - I wouldn't go as far as to say that but we will certainly show them the true meaning of the word 'hospitality' with no expense spared making their efforts to impress Hertford Town earlier this season, with a virtual five course meal, seem like cardboard box city under the arches at Embankment in comparison. It will be interesting to see who plays at home first, Haringey will wish to make early note that the game at our ground will be all ticket as will also be the case with Cockfosters.