Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Wader - Is that post directed at me, if so I'm not blaming anyone and agree with Paulb that we finished sixth this season, everyone can see that by looking at the final SSML Division 1 table.

Apart from the Damien Thorn factor, Lee Scott spending some time with her majesty, other teams digging their pitches up. Not blaming anyone at all!!!!

Surely a world class coach as you tell us he is would be able to cope with losing 1 player, having to cope with different conditions etc etc.

Even 'the great one' wasn't able to deal with everything that transpired against us last season and the issues I mentioned were just the tip of the iceberg, any other Club would have simply thrown in the towel and called it a day but not us. That's why I found Haringey's demise to Division 1 so incredible with everything they have at their disposal yet they allowed 'the great one' to simply walk away at the start of the campaign without so much as a phone call to try and twist his arm to stay, their loss was very much our gain.

Originally Posted By: shyboy
if getting the great one was your gain where would you have come in the league without him?

Shyboy - Bearing in mind it was only his first season with us he worked absolute miracles, he had to get aclimateised to working at Step 6 level and it was a huge culture shock for him having played at the very highest level of the World game and recently been Coaching at the Valley. In one game in particular (no names mentioned) he was racially abused and said that had never happened to him before in his career having played and Coached all over the World.

Yes I agree, 'the great one' is too nice for his own good at times and whiter than white, because he's so religious he doesn't see bad in anyone.

Rhodes that is bull s hit and you know it!!

Just because he is religious it don't mean he sees everyone through rose tinted glasses. Get a grip!!

I went out with a man who came from Aruba. He was very black (he didnt like being called coloured). He probably had more racial hate than a lot of people I know (he was also deeply religious)

Paula - You seem to have got the wrong end of the stick here, this is not about colour or religion, all I was trying to point out was that 'the great one' is a genuinely lovely bloke, the salt of the earth.

Paula - I really don't know how we got here, I was only trying to get the point across that 'the great one' has had to adjust to life at Step 6 level and to be absolutely honest I'm surprised he has given it the time of day when he could quite easily Coach in the Premiership. The fact that he is at Kentish Town, and has committed himself to another season, tells you everything you need to know about our Club and our ambition.

Paulb - Is that meant to be sarcastic, his playing career is documented and he is still worshipped in Africa, he attended a UEFA 'A' Coaching Course with Roy Keane, acting as a 'shoulder to cry on' for Keane who often found the going tough and is the father of the most promising player in the World today. What more is there to say.

Wasn't Keane doing the "Pro Licence"? As for "attended a UEFA....." I once attended the Civil Service Selection Board for a fast stream job, but I didn't get one!

The one question that keeps popping into my head is

'If he is that good why 1 - Is he at this level and 2 - Why did the team he was coaching at this level finish 6th in a poor league?

Doesnt do much for his CV.

Also there isnt a man alive who if good enough to Coach in the Premiership as you say he is would choose to coach at SSML Div 1 level.

Just doesnt add up to me.