Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Rhodes i think you will find some of haringey's pre season fixtures are up you should check it!! its a shame your website isnt as up to date as ours!

3praise - You are being very civil to me all of a sudden and it is making me a little suspicious, are you sure 'Sugar' hasn't instructed you to lure me into a false sense of security. By the way were you at the awards evening a week or so ago as reading the comments on the Website it was a huge success, I was also delighted to see Abu Umar win an award, he has been such a loyal servant to the Club over the years.

i am always civil Rhodes i just find you misguided at times. I havent spoken to "sugar" for a while he is too busy sorting out training facilities etc in preperation for next season - and finding contractors for the ground work.

Abu is a good guy and i heard he was delighted at winning an award, at a pre-season tournament which Haringey won last year Abu was consistently in the team and picked up the trophy with the boys, he is definatly Mr Haringey.

you have absolutly no idea who i am - especially saying i talk the talk but dont walk the walk (which is bit too much 80's style for me really!) if you knew me as u say you do then you would i do both! so hey guess again Mr Bean!

Originally Posted By: 3praise
i am always civil Rhodes i just find you misguided at times. I havent spoken to "sugar" for a while he is too busy sorting out training facilities etc in preperation for next season and finding contractors for the ground work.

3praise - I am not misguided, I simply want what's best for 'our' Club and feel that 'Sugar' should now step aside and allow someone else to take up the reigns, afterall he has had his chance and failed miserably, why can't he just cut his losses and walk away. It may not be too late for my consortium contact to still come onboard with the two million quid in their back pocket to invest, they could do a lot of damage with that next season and certainly get 'us' straight back up.

3praise - I know you are due on any moment as it's your lunchbreak at work. There is a snippet in the Tottenham Journal today mentioning the Awards event at the Club recently, it reads as follows:

Borough players voted for goalkeeper Jamie Brown as their star turn, while the prolific Nichola Cable was adgudged to be the Club's best female player. Manager Ged Searson commended full back Lloyd Mitchell as his player of the season, while Daniel Tulloch and Stacey Cole were the Club's best improved male and female players respectively.

No, why do you ask, the players didn't seem that fussed although they probably knew there wouldn't be much point as Lee Scott would have swept the board.

i only ask as Haringey's was such a roaring success that it would be a shame for a club not to have one!

may i ask why you never had one?

Where would it have taken place?

Originally Posted By: 3praise
i only ask as Haringey's was such a roaring success that it would be a shame for a club not to have one!
may i ask why you never had one?

You haven't answered the question yet as to whether you were there or not, my guess is that your other half insisted that you stay home with her that night as I'm still convinced you are very much under the thumb. Did anyone throw their medal back into 'Sugar's' face this year as was the case a couple of seasons back at a presentation, the players father objected to the poor quality if I recall as the Club had bought a job lot from somewhere. As for our presentation night, for the sake of repeating myself our players weren't that bothered, they are not egotistical and that sort of thing doesn't interest them that much, they play for the love of the game and not what they can get out of it.

Would like to hear their views on that!

Presentation Nights have little to do with being egotistical. More about celebrating what the club achieved during the year. Also a great way to get the whole club together. Ours was attended by about 100 people and was a good laugh.

But then I suppose most good clubs have presentation nights, most Rag Ass Rovers dont??

Paulb - I repeat our players just get on with playing the beautiful game to the best of their ability and are not interested in trying to better each other and win a trophy to make that point at the end of the season, we have a one for all all for one Three Musketeers mentality at the Club and presentation nights don't interest us in the slightest.

Reread my post you muppet, said it isnt about the awards, its about getting everyone together from the club, helps with team spirit etc etc. Maybe if KTFC had some togetherness they wouldnt have finished 6th in a [****!!****] league, with supposedly a team of world beaters and a world class coach???? I repeat there must be something seriously wrong at your club to finish 6th with those people at your disposal???

Paulb - That's a little harsh, if we want to get everyone together for team spirit purposes we just go to a pub for a few beers or a night out at the dogs and don't need to give out meaningless awards that can create bad feeling and anomosity between players. As for finishing sixth in the table this was down to the Damien Thorn factor as I have explained and losing our ground and top goalscorer half way through the campaign, there is nothing seriously wrong at our Club at all, it's everyone trying to put us down all the time that's the problem.