Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

They spent loads of money on it pre season and had drainage put in under the surface. Thats all they can realistically do. To get a playing surface like Broxbourne or Wingate would just be unrealistic without MAJOR investment.

This season the pitch is better then its ever been (at least since I have known the club).

yea rak u r right, i think questions r being asked at the moment if its neccessary for the womens games to be played there aswell! i must say looking at the ground, (unless theres been heavy rainful) it looks a good pitch to play on!

Quote:
3praise said:
is it not a bit sad to be talking about year old Reserve matches? especially as the personal has al changed and i can pretty much assure u that the team haringay put out that day none of them players are playing today, so i do ask...What was the point of it? was it just a case of making bad press for haringay?

Did you read the full series of exchanges? It didn't start as a lets talk about a reserve game from a year ago thread. BTW I like Haringay and I am a constant defender of Aki who I now know so it wasn't a pop at them on my part! Quite the reverse.

Quote:
3praise said:
yea rak u r right, i think questions r being asked at the moment if its neccessary for the womens games to be played there aswell!
3praise - You had better not let John Bacon hear you say that, your life won't be worth living.

Quote:
InformationZone2 said:
What would John Bacon do? The way you have said the sentence above makes John Bacon should like a violent man? If this true, if so elborate?
Well if you were, or are, involved in Haringey as you claim then you would have come across John Bacon particularly as he would have needed to register you personally, he is not a violent man at all but 'his life' is the Women's team so he wouldn't take kindly to 3praises comments. The Women are a fundamental part of the Club and have always played their home games on the hallowed Coles Park turf so there is no question of them playing elsewhere.

Rhodes, so if Haringay where to make a pact with Tottenham Hotspur....about them investing in the pitch.....And training there and allowing their Kids academys to train/play there, would the womens team still play there home games at coles park? or would John Bacon's word be enough to stop that from happening?

3praise - A fair post and as you know I was well on the way to achieving the pact, as you put it, with 'our' illustrious neighbours prior to

'Sugar' 'criminally' pulling the rug from under me. At the end of the day John Bacon is Haringey Borough and what he says goes but I don't really see how a Women's match every other Sunday can have such a drastic effect on the hallowed Coles Park turf as you are making out. The Women's team are an instrumental part of the Club and are highly regarded, albeit they too should be in a much higher division than they currently are and have strong links with both Spurs and Arsenal Women.

With a Haringay match on a Saturday, Then a womens match on a sunday, And maybe a haringay first team game on a tuesday night.....The pitch doesnt have time to recuperate.....!! if there was a pact with Spurs... i am sure with the investment they would put in, the pitch would be only for their and Haringay first team use......Could this be the reason why Sugar hasnt Wanted such a pact....because such a pact would seriously end the Womens team at Coles park and if they are such an instrumental part of haringay as u say would that not be breaking up the spirit and foundations the club has been built on?

3praise - I find this a strange post, what you are saying is that the Club's hierarchy are putting the Women's team before progress and financial security which is preventing a partnership with 'our' illustrious neighbours coming to fruition, surely nobody in their right mind would do that and anyway it could be contracted that the Women's team continue to play at Coles Park or a far better facility found for them. I don't think for one minute that is the reason why 'Sugar' doesn't want a pact with Spurs because it was virtually signed sealed and delivered when I left the Club, I think his reasons are far more sinister than that. Why don't you ask him.

has it never dawned on u that Sugar isnt in it for the money?? a successful man such as sugar may not want his club taken over by men in suits and wants to build it up himself, After all it is HIS club??!!

Quote:
3praise said: has it never dawned on u that Sugar isnt in it for the money?? a successful man such as sugar may not want his club taken over by men in suits and wants to build it up himself, After all it is HIS club??!!
Perhaps but he's not doing a particularly good job at it is he, Haringey have barely been out of the bottom three since he took over from Peter Lawlor as Chairman and have been very fortunate not to be relegated for the last three seasons. In 2003/2004 they fought tooth and nail with Holmer Green who finished bottom but neither were relegated, in 2004/2005 it was the Great Kenny Dyer who saved them single handed when Hoddesdon and Bedford went down and last season they did well to get above Harpenden Town although only survived because Brache Sparta's ground didn't fit Premier Division criteria.

Well like u have said in many a post before, haringay have got huge Potential, with a strong foundation which i believe is starting to be laid this year they can only go from strength to strength, i cant see why Sugar would not want something he is building to become bigger and better, it doesnt add up does it Rhodes??

Quote:
3praise said: i cant see why Sugar would not want something he is building to become bigger and better, it doesnt add up does it Rhodes??
3praise - Why don't you ask him and let me know what his answer is, I'll be very interested. What did you do this afternoon(Saturday) out of interest, I see Charlie Nicholas was on Jeff Stelling's Soccer Saturday, he's good value isn't he.

Rhodes you do get very angry on here when other people tamper woth your posts......yet we see you doing it here!!.......i posed that question and then answered it to show why sugar does what he does.....Typical below the belt tactics i expected more from you.....Although most of the notches on your bed post have probably said the same!!!!!!

Quote:
3praise said:
Although most of the notches on your bed post have probably said the same!!!!!!

I suspect they say 'So I'm starting on Saturday now?'

What below the belt tactics are you referring to, all I said was to ask 'Sugar' yourself why he does what he does, I think the answer will be interesting whilst at the same time very wide of the mark. You also refer to notches on my bed post, haven't you got me mixed up with someone else who posts on here.