Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Quote:
Rhodes said:
No not true, it's only 'Sugar' I have the problem with and not the Club who I want to see do well and progress

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Also Daniel is not in favour of the long ball game, Wimbledon and Sheffield Wednesday style, and has never put a pass astray in his life, he would be like a duck out of water at Coles Park.

This looks like a direct attack on the management, coaching and tactics employed at the club you support. Nothing at all to do with the Chairman!

Potters Bar Town - How do you work that one out as just the opposite is true, to use a regularly used quote from Lato 'read my post again' as you are putting words into my mouth. I quite rate Ged Searson and his Coaching team and he is a genuine guy, he is however being forced to work with one arm tied behind his back and deserves a lot of credit for pulling off the crucial 2-0 win on Saturday.

'Sugar' often interferes, Doug Ellis style, in team matters and tactics, particularly if things aren't going well during a match. I remember in a Reserve game at St Margaretsbury last season he instructed Clement to send back on a badly injured player to go in goal as otherwise it would have meant playing with ten men. I rest my case.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
'Sugar' often interferes, Doug Ellis style, in team matters and tactics, particularly if things aren't going well during a match. I remember in a Reserve game at St Margaretsbury last season he instructed Clement to send back on a badly injured player to go in goal as otherwise it would have meant playing with ten men. I rest my case.

your chairman was at an away reserve team game! I am impressed by his commitment!

Horace - Only because a First Team game was postponed on the day and St Margaretsbury is about 200 yards from 'Sugar's' house.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Horace - Only because a First Team game was postponed on the day and St Margaretsbury is about 200 yards from 'Sugar's' house.

So he doesn't normally interfere with team selection at reserve games then?

No, it was only the second one he had been to all season and the first at Sawbridgeworth Town, a week before, he also interferred.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
No, it was only the second one he had been to all season and the first at Sawbridgeworth Town, a week before, he also interferred.

Bet he's not the only club chairman who likes to be involved in team selection! (ours doesn't, honest!)

Quote:
Rhodes said:

HA HA HA HA HA I remember that game. If memory serves me correct he was better than the original keeper!! That game was laughable you turned up with a mix of players some of whom had clearly never played for Har boro before as they didn;t know each others name. Tell me is Clement the guy with dreads and glasses?

Tubbsy - Yes I remember you had a few Committee members there that day as by coincidence 'we' were due to play the First Team game at Coles Park which was called off about 11.00. No the guy with dreadlocks was Sam Hall, the First Team Manager, who fancied a game himself, Clement was the guy in the dug out who was totally perplexed by the whole fiasco and it was the beginning of the end for him at the Club, he said he had never experienced anything like it in 40 years of being involved in football all over the World.

Tubbsy8 - Can you remember the score that day, I purposely haven't mentioned it myself as it's still an embarrassment although most of your first team played if I recall.

St Margaretsbury 8 - 0 Haringey Borough

After the first team fixture called off at 11am for a frozen pitch on a bright sunny day!!!! Haringey brought down a mix of players to try to beat the reserves. Unfortunately they found the reserves in fine form. Still reeling after losing to Welwyn Garden City the reserves set about making Haringey pay for the previous weeks defeat. Bury who also had a few enforced first team players due to the first team postponement started the game the brighter by far. The ball stayed in the Haringey half for over 20 minutes before Tom, in goal for Bury saw the ball. the Haringey keeper was making good work of keeping Bury out albeit with an extremely unorthodox manor, saving everything with his feet!! The first chance came when Joe Winter was fouled in the box and the spot kick was taken by Danny Fitzpatrick. Danny's penalty hit the post and rebounded to safety. After the disappointment of missing the penalty he set about making amends. Danny swiftly put Bury one up when a great piece of play put Danny through he finished on the volley from 10 yards at the near post. a second goal followed soon after when Danny Fitzpatrick was clumsily tripped and Steve Barker scored from the spot. The game was nearly wrapped up when another great move from Bury saw Johnson arriving late to meet a Thompson cross but Curtis was just unable to keep his shot down.

No sooner had the second half begun and Ben Herod piped up from right wing back to make it three and this seemed to open the floodgates. like the first team last week Bury could not stop scoring. Melvyn Thompson scored from 5 yards which took Bury in two up at half time after a great through ball from Adrian Robinson put Fitzpatrick away and his unselfish square ball allowed Melvyn to score in the empty net and so it went on Danny Fitzpatrick scored again to make it five. Curtis Johnson got in on the act and made it six. Rhys Toope came off the bench and showed how at 16 he has a great future ahead of him after another 16 year old Ricky Light set Rhys clear for him to score and make it seven. Danny Fitzpatrick rounded off the scoring to complete his hat-trick and make the final score eight nil. Danny fired home while one-on-one with the keeper.

A great win and it could of been more. A little disappointing for the reserve players that were dropped after playing so well the previous week to accommodate the enforced first team players.

Team: - Pritchard, Light, Angelini R, Greenwood, Barker, Herod (Barlow 65), Robinson (Dutton 60), Johnson, Winter, Thompson (Toope 70), Fitzpatrick

Subs:- Chappell, Dutton, Toope, Barlow, Tobin

I count 4 first team players from last season 2 of which were returning from injury.

Quote:
NeutralFan said:
Greenwood, Barker, Herod, Robinson, Johnson, Thomson, Fitzpatrick.....

you just beat me to it NF! I'll give him Melvin (although first teamer now)but some legends there!

Last season the only first team players from that list were, Greenwood, Johnson, Herod, Barker. The rest all played reserves Danny played a handful. Greenwood was coming back from injury as was Steve Barker. Curtis had just signed and hadn't been playing and Melv & Danny didn't get in the firsts. Kev Cooper and Herod were up top for the first.

is it not a bit sad to be talking about year old Reserve matches? especially as the personal has al changed and i can pretty much assure u that the team haringay put out that day none of them players are playing today, so i do ask...What was the point of it? was it just a case of making bad press for haringay?

Haringay do not play in the reserve league no more, mainly because of the overuse of the pitch which they used to play on, There is now a haringay borough team in a midweek league, which is not a bad standard and is never called off as its on astroturf so players coming back from injury etc will always be guarenteed a game! Also With the games mid week i am sure the the management can get to more games to Watch potential first teamers! the manager of this side is still andy bates!