Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cover for Danny

P.W.

[color:"blue"]If Danny is off for the next few weeks, will the striker that Robin is said to be tracking finally appear? Are we looking for a stopgap loan signing? We certainly need a goalscorer as ... Bertie is not a striker, more of a winger who scores a few ... Manny has now signed for Worthing (according to NonLeagueDaily.com), and Lawrence Yiga can't even make the bench

Pinnock and BB are much alike-deep strikers.

I think BB is more than ok in this role,as much as a 'winger' who comes inside (excuse terminology).

We always needed three strikers-think we need a permanent striker more than anything as Pinns and Danny will get more injuries/suspensions (still think Remy would have been perfect ).

Of those left-i think Yiga is best equipped to do the role,though Robinson appears to be well ahead of him in pecking order.

Frankly as a wide winger/midfield player, i can't see what the fuss about Robinson is all about-does not do it for me-however-as a 'striker' down the centre , he could just do a short term job imo

The 'wild card ' could be Mckimm as striker !!!!

Steve Mckimm started his career as a striker for Malden Vale and was their top scorer in the 92/93 season. Maybe lost some pace but could be worth a go. Would miss him in midfield against a strong Bromley side though.

Having slept on my team selection overnight; this is actually alot simpler than we may be making out:

Pinnock plays further upfield as outright striker(i.e straight replacement for DH) and Bertie takes over Pinnocks role as deeper/free roaming striker.

On a separate matter, Dean Standen is also available for selection tonight, so we have an extra midfield option if anyone is a bit off the pace.

Above all though, we need the defenece 'en song' again

'Don't concede the nil'.

Up the 'Gate

We must stop them from running at us.Especially from the wings.(Two very good players out wide).This is Bromleys strong point.We need to push up a little more & take that advantage away from them. Either that or stop them in midfield initially.If we sit back & invite them onto us we are looking at a heavy defeat.Stand up to their direct approach & pacy forward runs.We mustn't back off. Break up their advances.

Their defence is NOT so clever so we must take full advantage of that.They havent really been tested back there yet.Time that started tonight.If we get at them continuosly believe me they wont get a look in.All their strengths will have been eliminated.Its going to take some hard graft to do that but our lads are more than capable of doing it & raising their game tonight.

I'm sure I read somewhere that one of their first choice defenders Henriques is carrying an injury. If he plays lets target him as a weakness due to his injury. I'm sure I read similar re Duku as well. He's not the most mobile either. However, on Saturday Steve Butler would have been weak with the ball on the deck but we played to his strengths. Lets make it hard work for Duku tonight by playing at pace when we can in the final third.

I have seen them only once for 90 minutes "live" (& some clips of other games)& indeed Henriques was one of their best players out there.Maybe only second best to that of Kirk Watts.If he is absent it will be a major benefit to us for sure.

Lloyd Blackman is their dangerman imo-very lively striker-a bit like BB-shoots on sight.

Nic McDonnell a good co -striker.

Defence will have its work cut out tonight.

'Don't concede the nil'

and lets hope for a good break in attack.

Up the 'Gate