Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight's game

Chris1

We did a good job tonight when you remember we were playing top of the league who have been winning by big margins.

The 5-4-1 format was inspired thinking by the gaffer. In fact we kept them out so easily in the first half we could afford to push up a bit more in the second. It WAS inspired thinking wasn’t it, not just that we’ve only got one striker?

Anyway it worked a treat and we got our point.

I thought Smith had another good game at right back, and I liked the idea of Oates playing in front of him, although that was only at the end.

I bet there will be less agreement on today’s MOM. Pinns worked very hard considering he was stuck up there on his own most of the game, and Saunders did well at both ends. However I will vote for Proths, because although not everything worked he ran the midfield well, made some pinpoint passes and got us out of trouble a few times in the second half. Also, what an audacious lob: would just loved that to have gone in.

Yes, it’s good when a plan comes together.

Greg did well when he came on and the ship was steaded as well. thought we scored near the end. Done well to get the point. The ref was pants again i have to say. how many fouls did they do? i lost count! he must of left the cards for bromly in the dressing room! looking forward to saturday! bring it on! come on the gate!!!!

All the lads past a fine test tonight , well done to them all , a valuable point gained, think we will be the more pleased of the two clubs . Bromley much better than AFC Wimbledon but think that Bromley not made out to be the team to beat this season , its going to go right to the wire with probably 5-6 teams fighting for that topspot .

Some would say that…. Others would say its because I believe in flowing attacking football, utilizing the qualities of all players on the pitch, not just the centres backs 80yard ball & the centre forwards ability to control the route one hoof.

Maybe you should have your seated stand behind the goal to stop the paying spectators being the victims of neck ache.

i didnt understand why margate on occasions played the long high ball always in the direction of 1 F. Duku never missed a header and was so solid in the bromley defence, if they had a poll on their forum he would win thier MOTM by a street shame margate let him slip thru their hands he was so solid but i personally am very happy with a point.

Also met a certain Mr Butler tonight face to the name kinda thing have to give the guy credit he may be young but does have a very wise footballing brain.

Jim Ward was in the stands this eve also

"Maybe you should have your seated stand behind the goal to stop the paying spectators being the victims of neck ache"

A Ramsgate fan is trying to preach to MFC about health and safety! The last time I made a pass by your terraces, it looked like an earthquake had hit, it was so uneven.

Smith did o.k but he retreats far far to much for my liking when faced with an oncoming pacey opponent.He must learn to stand his ground.A remark that I make for any defender doing that. A very similar game to AFC Dons game. A game of few chances,Bromley shading it with 2 or 3 better pops at goal.We didnt really threaten their goal & both keepers didnt really have too much to do really. Not an inspiring game but a point I would have taken before the game and in the end an an impressive a point purely because of the addition youngsters out there tonight.A makeshift team that did a good job.Robinson not so clever tonight.Didnt impress at all.Trotty my best player.Solid again tonight.Saunders worked his socks of & impressed me tonight.All the others did well without looking world beaters.Happy with the point.Bromley were kept at bay by a good defence.I thought they were of a similar class tonight to that of AFC. Certainly not better. Their best player in the first half was Kirk Watts but even he was muscled out of it in the end & was replaced.Gate still have a lot of work to do to get back to where they were but as I say with tonights enforced team selection nothing was expected really A job well done I thought without too much to shout about apart from the point from the game.

Quote:
Chris1 said:
Quote:
Rob_Butler said:
Smith was poor, kept backing off the winger giving away valuable yards. The rest of your back line did well but nothing really ran at them.

So THAT'S why he supports Ramsgate: doesn't understand the game.

Sorry Chris I agree with Rob on this one. Too much backing off by Smith as I have mentioned on another post.He did his job well enough, though was pulled into the middle all too often.But that retreating gives opponents opportunities that they shouldnt be getting.Am not going to knock him on the whole though as he had to come in as a makeshift replacement & he did after all,in the end, help keep the score to nil apart from those two details of his play that I mentioned.