Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

THE GROUND

ANGLE

Basically what has happened is that the hotel has been removed from the plans as the club cannot justify the reason for a hotel. The planning authority are very happy with the plans and the plans are sitting in the council offices. Malcolm Rowlett is extremely confident that the club will be given planning permision to build the stadium and did say that if we start building work by March we will have to ground-share with a team for our last 2 home games as the Ryman league said no to Margate about moving the fixtures. We also have planning permision to build the five-a-side pitches and MR said that he is hopeful building work will start on them by Christmas.

They are the main points from tonights meeting, probably others could develop it.

To those who were at the meeting but havent met me, I was the one wearing the black t-shirt and hanging round the bar...

The timetable is very uncertain and with Council procedure taking as long as it does, Im not convinced by the March scheduled start. The news was a bit anti-climatic really... I was expecting much bigger news than this. Basically the news was that we cut out some fat off the application and that weve been chatting to the Council about how best to move forward. There are still a lot of question marks here.

I'm very surprised that the hotel has been shelved as the club could not justify it. I would have thought that a struggling holiday resort would be crying out for a quality hotel. Very surprised at that, and it appears that the council were against it. Very disappointing news really as it does not appear that anything has changed since the last announcement, and as usual we are told that the plans are still with the council, no change there then.

The plans were with the Council, they hadnt been registered. As for the hotel, that was dropped as it wasnt justified with there being lots of hotels along the seafront. For a scheme, each part needs to be justified. The hotel wasnt fulfilling a need.

As for the business plan, its extremely important that the business plan work. If it doesnt, we can kiss the planning application good bye.