Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reserves

BlueGate Alan

Well we all do that at times Alex. I think the No 17 & 14 who came on in second half were, but not a clue who they were. Thought the No 17 showed some nice touches

Forgot to add speaking to the Deal goalie's father after game, he reckoned the way the reserves played last night they would beat Deal's first team too. Keep it up lads

Tom Hickman was being whatched by trotty re: First team. Bagley was the blond lad who scored a couple of goals also Scott Holden was one of the other goal scorers. The No 17 who came on was Danny Wisker from the first team just out for match fitness along with J Donavan. Luke Williams did'nt play has Kidney Injury at present. The reserves looked good and sharp last night and there are some good players on show. Moore and whetherley doing a good job with the reserves and hopefully bring some more young talent through over the coming years.

Thanks bp4u, was that Danny Wisker? Must get my eyes tested didnt recognise him. Good news for Tom then, thought he had a good game too. Thought it was Bagley, has scored a few in the last couple of games, took everything last night, corners, free kicks & ran & ran his socks off. Who was tall guy at back with Donavan then thought it was Luke?

Can't remember he's name I'll find out later. I'll try and get the starting line up later I know most of them

GK NK

Right back Ryan Harker

centre half (1) J Donavan

Centre Half (2) Alan Heath

Left Back Tony Newman

Left Mid NK

Centre Mid Jay Saunders ( Danny Wisker 50min)

Centre Mid Tom HIckman

Right Mid Stellion

Forwards Nick Bagley and Scott Holden

I'll Try and fill the spaces in later.

I was there on tues at the res game for the first

time must say very impressed who was that young,

player who come on in the last fifteen min got,

a lovely touch can some find out what his name is

also heard there a player who travels from london

to play for the margate res

I read on Kent League site that unfortunately the reserves lost at home to Erith reserves in the cup.

Disappointing, but Erith reserves are in league one as opposed to our league two.

A wake up call to all just the same, and maybe says to a few of us not to get carried away thinking that our reserve players can make the grade in the first team.They lost to Erith reserves,so will they really be able to make it against the likes of Bromley first team in the Ryman!!!!!

In time a few probably will but for now ,maybe a bit of a reality check

3 players missing that normally play.

should have won with the chances we had in first half

they only had one chance and put it away from a mistake in our defence

so a better display then you think but yes most of those players playing yesterday are unlikely to make first team

The reserves should have been 4 goals up in the first 20 minutes. This is where they missed Scot Holden. They also had Luke Williams and Tom Hickman missing(plus other changes), effectively they had lost there engine room. Without Tom Hickman's energy and drive Stalion on the right wasn't getting the service and Bagley was restricted to the odd chance. No 11 made some great runs up the right but his final ball was lacking. The big guy at the back was on his own after Williams being out and unlike him, mix up with the keeper (who needs to shout more)nearly led to a second.

I missed Eriths goal as i was serving in the burger bar so cannot comment on it. All in all Erith are not a great side and on a day when we could have had our first team out they would have been mullerd. With Scott Holden and the other 2 becoming contracted the reserves will have to rebuild again.