Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Strikers

Back to work tomorrow. The revelling and jubilation is starting to wear off, and I'm starting to think of the next few games.

If I've understood correctly, for best part of 60 mins on Saturday we had one fit striker, Billy Holland, who was on the pitch.

So what's the latest on Joe & Rikki's injurys? Are they likely to be fit for Folkestone?

And have we definately lost this Danny Ekoku? If so any news on a swift replacement?

Is Vinnies injury progressing OK and any news on a likely return?

Inquisitive b****rd aren't I grin

As I understand it Joe has been to the quack and got a course of antibiotics. All being well he will hopefully be available for Folkestone.

Rikki I guess will be assessed when he's next in for training. Maybe tuesday, if not then Thursday.

Matt and the management team are looking for a replacemnt for Nathan, although these things do take time unfortunately...

We always have the option of recalling Tom Poole from loan, although that would give us three "little ones" together with Jo and Billy.

We need another "biggun" (which Ekoku would have been (I don't really see Vinnie coming back)) as Burbridge at the moment doesn't look like he can play a lot of games in a row. Although I am rarely a fan of short-termism I would look to bring someone in on loan if the search for another permanent big striker looks like taking some time.

Any ideas as to the extent of Billy's injury this time? Ronnie is a fine young keeper but if you look at the stats both have made 14 starts and Billy has kept 8 clean sheets compared to Ronnie's 3 and experience between the sticks will be more vital than ever if we are in the shake-up towards the end.

Originally Posted By: Simon BTFC
As I understand it Joe has been to the quack and got a course of antibiotics. All being well he will hopefully be available for Folkestone.

Just noticed that even if Joe's recovered for the Folkestone game he is then suspended for the Heybridge game next Tuesday. frown

Looks like Invicta have a few missing as well:-

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=918&mforum=fifc