Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

we won 2-1

townerboy

John, Stephens, Tickner, Gant, Magona, Hall, Velandia, Jones, Crace, Hammatt, Opoka. Campbell and Nyman on for Hammatt and Magona at half time.

We were awful first half, no width, no creativity, and getting caught at the back every time they attacked. Fantastic half time substitutions gave us width, and a lot more options. Campbell was my MoM, even though he was on for just under a half (he was subbed late on with Jamie Nay making his debut). He made one goal by drawing a foul for the free kick that we scored from, scored another with an excellent finish, and could have won us a penalty if the ref had given it as inside the area, which I though it just about was. Really was a tale of two halves, but at the end of the day we may just about have deserved to shade it... 3 points, and a worthwhile trip to Suffolk.

John, Stephens, Magona, Gant, Tickner, Jonah, Velandia, Hall, Crace, Hammatt, Opoka, Hunt, Nyman, Braithwaite, Campbell, Nay.

In glorious sunshine in the shadow of the Silver Spoon Sugar Refinery Bury Town opened up with some sweet football. The back four Gant, Stephens, Tickner and Magona were tackling back well As Bury Town charged with Reed, Bugg and Smith all giving problems. Finally the persistence paid of in the 6th minute with a free-kick Sam Reed scored with an in off the base of the post – Well they all count! A game of head tennis broke out in the centre of the pitch. A Bury Town overhead scissor kick was save at point blank range. Jonah smashed in the face with a ball but he just seems to feed on the pain. Steve Magona is given a yellow card for an alleged swing with the fist. JJ goes up for a cross with Steve Bugg the ball falls and Bugg cracks the ball past John for Adam Gant to clear off the line. Well done Gantster. Town clear the ball over their own bar with a header. Ricci Crace booked. JJ was fouled again as he collected a ball but this time the referee blows for the infringement. Rudi Hall shot on bar. Sam Reed attacking down the wing with JJ out of position and running desperately back to his line – phew that was close. Hammatt shoots to the feet of the keeper. Bury Town head over. Rudi Hall shot tipped over bar by Greygoose. At the other end JJ saves. Simon Tickner tackling back well. The first half ended with town 1- 0 down and whilst looking rusty were not bury-ed.

Second half begun with Substitutions Magona and Hammatt off and Nyman and Campbell on. Steve Bugg tries to start as he begun the first half with a header over the bar. He then gets a one on one with JJ and misses – how did he manage to miss that? Paul Campbell after his enforced rest appeared a bit more up for it today and was charging down the wing and into the box before being felled in the box. Town fans scream for a penalty. Free kick. Wasted. Stephen Opoka had a shot saved. Town were gradually clawing their way back into this match. 15 on for Tom Jeal for Bury Town. Dean Nyman booked for diving? Town fans look on flabbergasted. Jonah gets booked for remonstrating. On 59 minutes the 15 fells Paul Campbell and is booked. The cross is whipped in and Craig Parker in an attempt to clear the spinning ball sends it past his own keeper. Some more Rudi magic! 1 – 1 and Bury visibly start to wilt before our eyes. JJ saves again. Stephen Opoka has a shot saved. Stephen Opoka kicked in the face as defenders clears with a high kick. Dean Nyman does a solo run that just goes and goes until he is brought down for a foul. Town fans applaud his bravery. On 85 minutes the free kick is whipped in and Greygoose gets a palm to it but the ball falls sweetly for Paul Campbell who makes a hole in the net as he rifles it into the roof of the net. 1 – 2. Town then dig in and in Injury time Paul Campbell is injured at the Town end and Jamie Nay comes on for his first few minutes. JJ makes a crucial save again and Town win. In terms of the grit in the second half we deserved the win but we certainly had to work hard to get it.

Was anyone else as shocked as I was when I received £4.50 change from a £10.00 note? I know it was my birthday last week, but I thought I had paid the concessionary charge!

£5.50 for a Ryman 1 North game! I wonder how many other clubs have taken note of this?

About the game - awful first half display and I do not believe that Steve Magona was booked for an 'alleged swing with the fist'. Can anyone explain what we were attempting to do in the first half apart from trying to defend?

The second half substitutions came up trumps with Nyman creating chances with his speed and wide play. Shame about his booking, especially when we were all waiting for Rudi to take a free kick!

Andy you may not believe it but the Bury fans close by to me in the first half were adamant he would have to walk for it and were most disgruntled when he got only a yellow. From the far side of the pitch it was less clear if there was any connection.

I have not seen stands that wooden and that old since our visit to the airportmen. I think the ground inspectors must have been given some of the local brew because I did wonder how the ground passed its inspection? Andy the £1:50 saving on the wrongly anticipated £7 gate prices did help to fund the £1:20 car parking. But you OAPS that left you cars and travelled in one from the golf club would not have thought of that! So Andy your recent birthday didn't mean you were entitled to a concession anyway?

Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason
Andy you may not believe it but the Bury fans close by to me in the first half were adamant he would have to walk for it and were most disgruntled when he got only a yellow. From the far side of the pitch it was less clear if there was any connection.

I have not seen stands that wooden and that old since our visit to the airportmen. I think the ground inspectors must have been given some of the local brew because I did wonder how the ground passed its inspection? Andy the £1:50 saving on the wrongly anticipated £7 gate prices did help to fund the £1:20 car parking. But you OAPS that left you cars and travelled in one from the golf club would not have thought of that! So Andy your recent birthday didn't mean you were entitled to a concession anyway?

I thought he got booked for an alleged swing of something else!

See you on Thursday in the queue at the Post Office!